Page 1 of 4
Seriously, does anyone else feel this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm back from a month's Banishment (that's another story), and I think the Pit has really changed. It's... lacking something. Where are the side-splitting stories of loss and embarassment?? Where's the shame, confusion, and downright disturbedness???

Someone, please, remind me why I joined UG.

For the record, this isn't a slam. It's a beckoning to exceed my limited expectations.
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
We all got aids while you were gone.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by krypto1339

So I'm back from a month's Banishment (that's another story), and I think the Pit has really changed. It's... lacking something. Where are the side-splitting stories of loss and embarassment?? Where's the shame, confusion, and downright disturbedness???

For the record, this isn't a slam. It's a beckoning to exceed my limited expectations.

I join UG for guitar related things, then I found the pit
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
You think was good a month ago? Just imagine it before you came.
Check out my band Disturbed
You obviously arn't looking then, what you said the pit is lacing, is just about everything it has!
Quote by TheQuailman
So I was sneaking up on that girl with that rag and some chloroform...

Quote by Oh Shize
Tell her to get back in the kitchen.

SAVE GIBSON
Quote by StewieSwan
You think was good a month ago? Just imagine it before you came.

Lol you said "you came."

I Cum Blood ololololol
kill all humans
Quote by slayaplaya
I got gonoreha

ahhh, you were one of the lucky ones
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
UG gets watered down every day. It was great two years ago.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Read about the dude who found his parents pr0n and sex toy drawer.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by krypto1339

They are all clustered into "Official" and "Only" threads in an unorganized mess haha
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Quote by dubstar92
ahhh, you were one of the lucky ones

I sure was.... I'm enjoying it right now... ahhh.
we've grown up, man. now we all smoke cigarettes and drink old english behind the 7/11.

perhaps you aint cool enough to roll with the pit.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by darkstar2466
UG gets watered down every day. It was great two years ago.

Agreed. You and I both joined around the same time, what many would say was the golden age.
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

Quote by krypto1339
Agreed. You and I both joined around the same time, what many would say was the golden age.

Even then, they said that the Pit was watered down. 04-06 was probably a good time for the Pit.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by TooFast
Read about the dude who found his parents pr0n and sex toy drawer.

That was me. Still no response, though.

Wait, no sex toy drawer... yet.
Quote by count schizo

Quote by 7DaySkeptic

Quote by darkstar2466
Even then, they said that the Pit was watered down. 04-06 was probably a good time for the Pit.

Let's compile our grievances and bring it up to the mods.

What could it hurt?
Quote by count schizo

Quote by 7DaySkeptic

Meh, 4Chan's influence is strong. It's a dark time.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
The pit is like a many faced version of the same personality. There will always be similarities between the years, but it gains new people and loses the old ones and so it does change overtime.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Seriously, let's think about what's changed. What rules do you disagree with? What do you miss about the "Gilded Age" of UG?

What would YOU do?
Quote by count schizo

Quote by 7DaySkeptic

It's been sub-standard for a year now.

Let's get rid of all the red threads and start afresh.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Meh, 4Chan's influence is strong. It's a dark time.

I sense a disturbance in the force...
Yo i made a thread like this ahaha,

But yeah the Pit is lacking bawls. evryone just reports threads. Plus this tl;dr ****. Like **** being courteous.
wasn't there a time when you could freely flame another pit monkey? I seem to remember that
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Quote by krypto1339

Not really, 06 was a good year. When 07 rolled around the pit started getting lamer and lamer, bitter sweet really I spend more time in the other forums but less time on UG all together, probably for the best though I can't spend my whole life on the computer. I don't know what happened to the pit though, it seems most of the UGers that frequent the pit either have a horrible sense of humor or none at all, I almost never visit the pit anymore because I'm either subject to terrible and inappropriate jokes or I run the risk of getting reported for nothing at all, oh well, it's no loss to me. There isn't any appeal anymore, I'm not hear to learn anything (I'm a guitar teacher myself now) and trying to kill time here isn't really an option anymore cause it's gotten to the point where the pits more frustrating and disappointing than funny...I don't know, maybe the pit will grow up again and people will have interesting things to talk about and have tasteful and somewhat complex humor again.
Quote by david_highland
Not really, 06 was a good year. When 07 rolled around the pit started getting lamer and lamer, bitter sweet really I spend more time in the other forums but less time on UG all together, probably for the best though I can't spend my whole life on the computer. I don't know what happened to the pit though, it seems most of the UGers that frequent the pit either have a horrible sense of humor or none at all, I almost never visit the pit anymore because I'm either subject to terrible and inappropriate jokes or I run the risk of getting reported for nothing at all, oh well, it's no loss to me. There isn't any appeal anymore, I'm not hear to learn anything (I'm a guitar teacher myself now) and trying to kill time here isn't really an option anymore cause it's gotten to the point where the pits more frustrating and disappointing than funny...I don't know, maybe the pit will grow up again and people will have interesting things to talk about and have tasteful and somewhat complex humor again.

not until there's a kind of script that checks if anyone making an account has been to 4Chan lately that instantly ip-bans them.
It's the arrival of all these dumbass 4channers who think they are badass with their gay little rules things and memes.

Go away. Repeating a joke 1000 times does not make it any funnier.
Quote by CoreysMonster
not until there's a kind of script that checks if anyone making an account has been to 4Chan lately that instantly ip-bans them.

If only. That's my biggest problem with the pit now, any humor relies on being vulgar or shocking, it only has the potential to be funny on one level and it isn't even funny on that level. Then there's the other part of the pit where everyone has there heads shoved so far up there ass they have no ability to discern between what should be reported and what shouldn't, any thread that has the potential to be the least bit entertaining or could possibly help someone looking for a bit of insight ends up being closed. I honestly don't get why anyone running a website would let it get to this state, it's like a shop owner letting their place of business got to ****, it's going to get to the point where few, if any, will want to shop there.
i threw up in a popsicle maker, froze it, oiled it, and stuck it in my bum.

you can't handle the pics.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by david_highland
If only. That's my biggest problem with the pit now, any humor relies on being vulgar or shocking, it only has the potential to be funny on one level and it isn't even funny on that level. Then there's the other part of the pit where everyone has there heads shoved so far up there ass they have no ability to discern between what should be reported and what shouldn't, any thread that has the potential to be the least bit entertaining or could possibly help someone looking for a bit of insight ends up being closed. I honestly don't get why anyone running a website would let it get to this state, it's like a shop owner letting their place of business got to ****, it's going to get to the point where few, if any, will want to shop there.

I blame it on being too strict with all of the new "only" threads, which are terrible. I mean in the sex thread or relationship thread, people are always helpful, but in the game and computer thread it's just a bunch of bullcrap.
that's like making an only movie or only book thread, or an only thread thread, so that the pit doesn't have any more threads at all.
Quote by Kivarenn82
i threw up in a popsicle maker, froze it, oiled it, and stuck it in my bum.

you can't handle the pics.

That's what I'm talking about! Sweet, sweet subtlety.
Quote by count schizo

Quote by 7DaySkeptic

Quote by david_highland
Then there's the other part of the pit where everyone has there heads shoved so far up there ass they have no ability to discern between what should be reported and what shouldn't, any thread that has the potential to be the least bit entertaining or could possibly help someone looking for a bit of insight ends up being closed..

This +100000000. And enough with the damn cats and pokemon, already.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by CoreysMonster
I blame it on being too strict with all of the new "only" threads, which are terrible. I mean in the sex thread or relationship thread, people are always helpful, but in the game and computer thread it's just a bunch of bullcrap.
that's like making an only movie or only book thread, or an only thread thread, so that the pit doesn't have any more threads at all.

Yeah, I never got the point of those. I don't understand the thought process behind "only" threads at all "Lets increase efficiency by making it so anyone looking for advice on any topic ends up either being completely ignored or is unable to find the bit of advice they were looking for." I wouldn't be surprised if it got to the point where the pit were reduced to four or five "only" threads that ultimately ended up being of no use to anyone, just a mess of questions regarding the same theme with no answers.
Page 1 of 4