I have a friend selling his MIM Classic 60's strat for $475. Now, that's nothing special, but he's including a hard shell case, a nice leather strap, and he's upgraded both the pickups (to 57/62s) and the tuners.

Now, it's in pretty good condition for being 5+ years, with nothing to complain about. I was just apprehensive because of the resale value. I mean, it has tons of nice little upgrades, and it's definitely worth $475, but if I turned out to not like it, I don't want to get short-changed by my eagerness. I see people selling the unmodified version of this strat for $400 without a case, so if I were to re-sell it, would anyone think $500+ (all goodies included, of course) would be a fair re-sale price?

My paycheck came in this week, and I don't have much to spend, but if it's a good deal/investment, there's no reason NOT to pick it up.

Thanks for the input, guys.
Sounds like it's worth it if the un-modified version goes for 400.The upgrade pups and little extras make it a good deal IMO.You could always resell it for a minimal loss/profit if you don't like it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

It's a really solid guitar; I've only changed the pickups on mine and the rest is perfect. Get it if it's in good condition.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby