So today is my 18th birthday. It is 3:06 in the morning here and I am thinking about a bit of a dilemma that occurred a few hours ago. I was searching craigslist for an MP3 player with some of my birthday money and i come across this Zune within a reasonable price. So i go downstairs and tell my mom that I am going to jump on the offer. She just kind of ignores the comment so i state it again. She looks up from her knitting at me and says "I got you one for your birthday. Now you have no more surprises." So I ask "You got me an 8GB Zune?" And she tells me "No. I got you a 4GB (off brand)". And this is where my dilemma begins. I make the questionable mistake of asking her "Can i get the Zune?" and she nods and says she'll take the other one back and pay for the one i found on Craigslist. So here I am 7 hours later thinking of wether i did the right thing by going for the better offer. Or whether her present should mean more because it was her who got it for me and she went out of her way to do such a nice thing. I have no idea anymore. But hey this is the Pit. The most reliable source of intelligence. What do you think?
I had the same dilemma once with my grandma, who got me guitar hero for christmas. I politely told hold that I appreciated it very much, but that I would never play it, because I rather play my real guitar, and that I didn't want her to waste her money on something I would never use.
You feel kindof like a jerk when telling someone that, but it's better than them wasting their money, IMO.
So i think yes, you did the right thing by saving your mom's money.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I had the same dilemma once with my grandma, who got me guitar hero for christmas. I politely told hold that I appreciated it very much, but that I would never play it, because I rather play my real guitar, and that I didn't want her to waste her money on something I would never use.
You feel kindof like a jerk when telling someone that, but it's better than them wasting their money, IMO.
So i think yes, you did the right thing by saving your mom's money.

your grandma got you guitar hero? go granny
Happy Birthday!

You did the right thing. But make sure your mum knows you appreciate what she did for you.
Didn't lots of Zunes **** up recently for whatever reason... Make sure you don't get a dodgey one.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by samburl
your grandma got you guitar hero? go granny

yeah she's awesome but that was also the reason why I didn't want her wasting her money like that. I didn't ask her to get me something else, I just told her to get her money back.
Quote by burrit0
sould've gotten an ipod or suffa because zunes are whack

You really think they're better.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
I defiantly plan to let her know how much i appreciate it. And just for the record i lied about the models to make the moral dilemma seem more important instead of product. The one I wanted is actually a 20GB Ipod Classic for 35$ and the one she got me is still a 2GB no name brand for the same price. So yea. lol.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
You really think they're better.
we got a joker here
Not the new classic..its an ORIGINAL Ipod...like old school. Apparently it works fine and comes with USD plug in and everything and charger too..anyone know if theres software besides iTunes i need to download for those old ones?
Quote by CrueMan152
Not the new classic..its an ORIGINAL Ipod...like old school. Apparently it works fine and comes with USD plug in and everything and charger too..anyone know if theres software besides iTunes i need to download for those old ones?

USD? do they still make those?
Quote by burrit0
we got a joker here

No we don't. Usually if it's not an Ipod Touch or Iphone, it isn't worth the money. i.e. the Shuffle, Nano, etc.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
you're 18 and you asked your mom if you could buy an mp3? duude just buy the damn thing no need to ask bahaha!!

edit:

yeah elt her return it and get you the 8gb, cause then she'll be happy to knoiw her gift is being appreciated rather than neglected
Last edited by jimithrash at Feb 18, 2009,
Nah, your parents just want you to be happy. Just be really grateful and tell her how happy you are to have the Zune and how appreciative you are for her listening to your opinions.

Parents don't suck as much as most people think they do.
Quote by CrueMan152
But hey this is the Pit. The most reliable source of intelligence. What do you think?

Funny guy..