ok so i have Peavey Bandit 112 and when i turn it on no sound comes out and i have to turn it on and off about 10times before it starts working normally would anyone no what is wrong with it? can i fix it myself or should i take it into someone to get it fixed? also it makes a poping sound when i turn it off is this normal or is that another thing wrong with it?
Quote by pact_11
ok so i have Peavey Bandit 112 and when i turn it on no sound comes out and i have to turn it on and off about 10times before it starts working normally would anyone no what is wrong with it? can i fix it myself or should i take it into someone to get it fixed? also it makes a poping sound when i turn it off is this normal or is that another thing wrong with it?

It's solid state, so...
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
I suspect most modern SS amps utilise a similar soft switch system to the one in your computer. Get it looked at and expect a bill for a new transformer. Popping at switch off is normal with SS amps and would happen with tubes but for the standby switch which allows the sound to be muted before the power is cut. It's caused by a power surge in the circuit and is not altered by reducing volume level before switching off.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Man I hope this isn't one of those post where the users guitar cable is tore up and they blame it on the amp. You tried another cable? You tried another guitar? Possibly your pickup wiring went bad. Saw that happen before too.

You sure it's the amp or is there a shortage in a cable or pickup that comes on eventually? Sounds like the amp though just throwing that up there.