Hello Everybody!
What are you opnions on Spectors?
What are their tonal charactoristics?
How do they play/feel?
Neck size?

I know they are amazing, and planning to do some research on them before buying one later in the year.
thanks alot people
I own a Spector Rebop 4 in black cherry. it's an amazing bass, it's my go to bass for pretty much anything. You can get a really punchy sound (great for slap), add a little overdrive and you can get a really growly, in your face sorta tone, and also you can achieve a nice round tone, which I found is suitable for jazz.

They are really easy to play, the heel of the neck is really flat, so I have absolutely no problem reaching higher frets. The best way I can describe the neck is a cross between a P and a J. It's around the size of a J neck, but just a little bit chunkier.

Overall, Spector makes spectacular instruments. My next bass is probably going to be a 5 strings Rebop or Euro, which I expect will be just as great. I could not recommend these basses enough.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Coheed and cambria's bassist uses one I think. Mabe listen to some of their songs.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Not on the latest album. He now pretty much only uses Fenders.

Spectors are better imo. Still stoked for their new album.
Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse uses one and it gives an awesome growling tone.
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
I love my Spector, the neck is a little chunky, similar to a P-bass neck. The tone is kinda edgy which I love, but if eq'd properly I can get a nice warm sound, although most spectors are active where as mine is passive. I have to say it is the best purchace I have ever made I would highly recomend a Spector to anybody, very well built basses
When I think spector I think of a close cousin to warwick.Same quality but spector has that dense-warm-filling sound that can get in between every note and fill in those gaps that are hard to reach.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by Ryker24
I love my Spector, the neck is a little chunky, similar to a P-bass neck. The tone is kinda edgy which I love, but if eq'd properly I can get a nice warm sound, although most spectors are active where as mine is passive. I have to say it is the best purchace I have ever made I would highly recomend a Spector to anybody, very well built basses

Spector don't make a passive bass. What model is yours?
Quote by skater dan0
Quote by fleajr_1412

The Spector Performance range are all passive I believe.
Oh yeah, so they are. my bad.
Quote by skater dan0
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by fleajr_1412

Mine's from 2004 a Performer DLX, if im not mistaken they dont make them anymore. It's basicly the passive little brother of the legend series
I love Spectors. I am currently saving for a 5 string. Along with the other descriptives that have been stated, they have a really nice, sharp slap tone.
Quote by fleajr_1412

My Spector Legend Classic 6 has an active pre-amp, but passive pickups, from what I've been told.

It's a nice bass. Way heavy, but nice body shape, easy to play and all. Neck is thin and complements the playability well. Fun and easy to play for a six string. Bridge hasn't moved an inch since I bought it six months ago. Stays well in tune for a long time.

Tone is the clear EMG tone that can be shaped to anything, but it doesn't have any signature sound that I can tell like my Fender.

Honestly, I think you'll like it. If I had the money and the pretentious attitude to buy a fourth bass, I'd get a four string Fender. Mic Todd of Coheed and Cambria coupled with my love of the six makes me thing that the four would be incredible. Got mine for $525, brand new at a shop in Greensboro, NC.
I love my Legend 4 Custom. The only complaint I have is about the electronics. I can get great tone but there just seems to be... something lacking in it. I know that a piece of the puzzle is the amplification I've used it through but that isn't the only problem. I've been thinking about swapping out the pre-amp for one from a higher-end Spector - every now and then you can score USA-line electronics on eBay.
they sound cool and look awesome, but it looks like a struggle to reach that 24th fret (maybe even 22/23) as the neck reaches the body at like the 21 fret and the lower horn is at a weird angle.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by TheTortured
they sound cool and look awesome, but it looks like a struggle to reach that 24th fret (maybe even 22/23) as the neck reaches the body at like the 21 fret and the lower horn is at a weird angle.

I know (at least on my Euro) that reaching fret 24 is absolutely no problem. I see what you mean; just looking at it, I would agree with you too. Playing it is a different story. It's a piece of cake, to be honest.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
So gorgeous.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I've had my Spector Euro LX. To be honest it took a while to adjust to the TonePump electronics, they seem over-sensitive but means you can get a wide range of tones.

The heel is shaped perfectly and reaching higher frets is as easy as you like.
The finish, ppphoarrr. Mine is spalted maple, with gold bridge. Just a nicely put together bass.

Not even a gripe but the only bad this is the quality of the knobs, but other than that. Bonus.
*Two songs from my old demo, with my band Snakeskin in now in my profile. Feedback?

*Cockfoster
i think theyre great
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals