Sorry for the noobish question, but how do I tune a regular tuned guitar to

D (Up)
A (Up)
D (Down)

I have a tuner of some kind, but don't know what to do? Do I detune and tune up the strings or what?
Please, explain like you would to a retard lol
Last edited by Zlatolin at Feb 18, 2009,
Just twist the tuning knobs (on the head of the guitar) until the open string sound is the note mentioned.
There are some tunings that tune up but tuning the B string to D is going far too far. Where did you find this tuning???
What about octaves??

A comment on the tab suggests this which i think would be easier on the strings

Tune your strings as such:
d (down)
C (up)
C (down)
G (down)
C (down)

Then capo at the second fret.

This is better for your guitar than just tuning outright.

Hope that helps
Ok, thanks BUT how do I tune E to C ? I get that I should turn the knob, but how would I know it has become C? The tuner I use have guitar tuning and bass tuning. What do I use? <.<"

Edit: I got it for E but for the other strings I need help.
Last edited by Zlatolin at Feb 19, 2009,
Buy any standard chromatic guitar tuner (if your guitars not electric or electro accoustic then you need one with a built in mic) or tune to a piano or keyboard