Don't you hate it hwen your talking music to someone and they call bands like ACDC, MCR, or The Devil Wears Prada Metal? That **** pisses me off...
I don't particularly mind if they do or not.

I'm not a musical elitist.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
You are now seriously comparing AC/DC with MCR. That pisses me off.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
Quote by kataklysmkid91
Don't you hate it hwen your talking music to someone and they call bands like ACDC, MCR, or The Devil Wears Prada Metal? That **** pisses me off...

AC/DC aren't metal? Are you trolling??

I have a better question for you: Those bands you just listed, why aren't they metal?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
It's easier just to say I like "Metal" because its such broad a term. If I told someone "I'm into metalcore and thrash metal", to them it's like "wtf?".

I don't mind it much unless they DO put AC/DC and some bands similar into metal. Then it annoys me.
I hate when people call rubber bands 'metal bands'. That shit pisses me off.

THEY ARE USED FOR TWO DIFFERENT PURPOSES, GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!
Check out my band Disturbed
I used to care but you gotta realize most people aren't exposed to much metal normally so leave 'em be.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

It's also annoying when some people claim something isn't metal when it clearly is.
....Not related to earlier posts btw, just a generalization.
yeah it does piss me off in my oppinion zepplin , ac/dc and bands like that arent metal i cant even call ozzy metal and metal didnt become metal until mettalica came out they made all the bands wanna sound heavier
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
yeah it does piss me off in my oppinion zepplin , ac/dc and bands like that arent metal i cant even call ozzy metal and metal didnt become metal until BLACK SABBATH came out they made all the bands wanna sound heavier

Fixed.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
yeah it does piss me off in my oppinion zepplin , ac/dc and bands like that arent metal i cant even call ozzy metal and metal didnt become metal until mettalica came out they made all the bands wanna sound heavier

Banging on a trash can
When I bought the Wolfmother CD, the Salesguy said they're "Metal". 'The was that Guy on?
Quote by Tabassco
You are now seriously comparing AC/DC with MCR. That pisses me off.

Im not comparing them in any other way than people refer to both of them as "heavy metal" which theyre not. AcDc is Classic rock, and MCR is borderline pop punk
Quote by BigFatSandwich

I have a better question for you: Those bands you just listed, why aren't they metal?

AC/DC = Hard Rock
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
AC/DC = Hard Rock

Why are they hard rock and not metal?
Banging on a trash can
Quote by BigFatSandwich
Why are they hard rock and not metal?

well metal is mostly defined by its use/overuse of guitar solos and lyrical style
hard rock is mostly riff based eg. Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle

.... but thats just my opinion
Quote by BigFatSandwich

okay...why aren't acdc mcr and devil wears prada metal?

acdc is classic rock. they never travel outside the classic rock song structure! I don't see how anyone can consider them "metal". I mean dont get me wrong, this is our roots, but they are not metal.

MCR...biggest poser band in the world. Im sorry, but the three chord, "I hate my life and my parents suck" bull**** they tend to project irritates the **** out of me and my strictly metal diet. They don't even cross the line into barely metal. They are pop-punk pussies. My honest opinion.

Devil wears prada is also not metal. I mean theyre the closest out of these three, but they lean so much more to the emo-screamo genre than anything else. They just...arn't metal!

anyway, whether or not you agree, those are my reasons
and i hate wen people dnt consider alot of the new stuff metal...its effin heavier than most of the old stuff its like wats ur problem? lmao!...tdwp...is pretty metal i guess...but we'll prefer to throw them in their sub-genre of post-hardcore and its subgenres XD
Quote by kataklysmkid91
okay...why aren't acdc mcr and devil wears prada metal?

acdc is classic rock. they never travel outside the classic rock song structure! I don't see how anyone can consider them "metal". I mean dont get me wrong, this is our roots, but they are not metal.

MCR...biggest poser band in the world. Im sorry, but the three chord, "I hate my life and my parents suck" bull**** they tend to project irritates the **** out of me and
my strictly metal diet. They don't even cross the line into barely metal. They are pop-punk pussies. My honest opinion.

Devil wears prada is also not metal. I mean theyre the closest out of these three, but they lean so much more to the emo-screamo genre than anything else. They just...arn't metal!

anyway, whether or not you agree, those are my reasons

Strict metal diet? Gosh you are some close minded elitist.