Hi
i need to buy a new amp head, i play metal/hardcore/death metal etc
ill be running it through a Marshall 1922 2x12
my budget is £300
so yeah whats the best i can get for that price, new or used.
Bugera 333XL for £420
lol.

Thats new though...

Looks like maybe valveking with a nice distortion/overdrive pedal to tighten the distortion and add a little gain?
Would you be wanting to gig or is it just for home practice?

I've heard good things about the Bugera 333/333xl and 6260/6262 (haven't gotten to try one yet, but shall soon), but they are 120W tube amps, so they might be a bit loud if you're staying at home - obviously, that's for you to judge tho.
Thanks for the replies
well, my band our ABOUT to be gigging, so nothing massive yet
the other guitarist uses a marshall avt 50 which is loud enough
i tried it through my cab but i just didnt feel right
dont know weather it was just me but there was a bit too much fuzz to the distortion if you know what i mean, i want something a little clearer but still reaaaal heavy \m/

I was thinking that the valveking would be too loud, as it would be at its best at a
higher volume, which might overpower the other guys. what do i do?
How much is 300 over there compared to American? I'm not sure but it sounds pretty low. It's very hard to get a good high gain tube amp for cheap. You don't want to rush into it and get a crappy valveking and end up just having to buy another amp. Be patient and get what you need.
You are right the valveking sounds better loud but most high gain tube amps are going to. Most high gain amps are a lot of watts and for reason. Not just volume. Mostly for headroom and power tube saturation. Honestly you might want to look into a hybrid amp if you are looking for a bedroom amp.
Can you sell the cab and buy a combo instead?????????
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
you know what, forget it, i can go for a more powerful tube amp, i can just about stretch to £400, im not getting a combo, and im not selling the cab, yet.
The Peavey 100 watt tube head is $299 at MF but you're overseas are you?

They're selling this half stack for $399 but the shipping probably will kill you there.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
now its just down to the best sounding for up to £400 and no i cant wait to buy something for 5,6,7 hundred, so let me know what you think is the best way to go
^ you can find a USED Peavey 5150 on Ebay for that price (or higher)........ but if you sell that cab and you bought a USED Peavey XXX combo that would be even better than the 5150 in terms of versatility........but the 5150 destroys the XXX in terms of BR00TALNEZZ.......
feel free to add me
^ well look in your nearest music store that sells used items I'm sure you can find either one......
and look in the Europe only eBay (if they have one) and look for these amps they are not hard to find......
feel free to add me