why would being loud matter, you buy an amp for the tone, not how loud it is. forget both and get a tube
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Depends.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by familybucket
What goes louder, a solid state amp or a hybrid amp of the same wattage??????
Please reply!!!

Hybrid in what way?
tubes pre and ss power
or
ss pre and tubes power.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
A hybrid amp with preamp tubes and solid state power amp is not going to really be louder than a regular solid state amp. A hybird amp with a power tube section will appear to be louder.
There is def a difference in an amp without a power tube section. One with a solid state power section will sound much difference and will not sound as loud to your ears. Technically one isn't louder than the other but to the human ear they are. Not to mention hold together better. This is why you see solid state amps have a lot more wattage to hold together at high volume. For example you'll see 300 watt solid state heads where as you don't see tube amps at that wattage. A 300 watt solid state head will hold together about as good as a 100 watt tube amp at high volume.

Not to mention the TONAL differences. The warmth, harmonics, and feel you get from a tube power section will not happen with a solid state power section. IMO it's more important to have tubes in the power section than the pre amp section.
Quote by GNRjungle87
What amp is it?

he is not gonna answer that.......
i tried asking him that in every single thread he created.......

i smell troll.......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
he is not gonna answer that.......
i tried asking him that in every single thread he created.......

i smell troll.......

Same...
A 100 watt SS amp will have the same output as a 100 watt hybrid with the usual preamp tube.
I don`t know, but the Marshall Mode 4 head is a REALLY ****ing loud hybrid head, i really liked it, but it was just lacking something compared to my JCM900. but i LOVED some of the features the Mode 4 had.