i've got a cry baby from hell, what can i do to maximize it's potential. also, dunlop put out a variphase pedal, could i do the same idea to add the idea to other type of pedals, like a variable distortion that way i don't have to stop playing to adjust it? it'd be nice to not need to stop playing just to switch from a heavier distortion to a more mild distortion. i would've read the wah modding thread but it was like 200 pages long.
Quote by blandguitar
i've got a cry baby from hell, what can i do to maximize it's potential. also, dunlop put out a variphase pedal, could i do the same idea to add the idea to other type of pedals, like a variable distortion that way i don't have to stop playing to adjust it? it'd be nice to not need to stop playing just to switch from a heavier distortion to a more mild distortion. i would've read the wah modding thread but it was like 200 pages long.

Woulda been a smashing idea to post this in there then.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I suppose you're after a distortion circuit in it then?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
A distortion instead of a wah? Dyou mean like a fuzzwah or the Slash Crybaby or something?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Make or buy any distortion pedal and for the gain pot use something like a dunlop hot potz or w/e. Simple put in a wah enclosure and and get a rack and pinion to attach to the pot. Smallbear sells wah enclosure and rack parts as well as wah pots.
thanks, but i'm not big on multi effects, i'm looking for more individual effect pedals, one that works like a wah, but has other stuff.
Last edited by blandguitar at Feb 18, 2009,