what exactly is it? also i heard you cant tune down to low if you have it
You can down tune with it. As low as you want. You just have to have it setup for that. There are screws in the back of the guitar. You just screw them tighter to make the springs tighter and bring the floyd lower.

I can't stand them really it's a hassle especially if you don't use a whammy bar. But the fact is they come on a lot of shredder guitars. Comes on the RGT's I like. They have fixed ones but not the exact one I liked so I got the EDGE 3. Which is like an off brand floyd.

If you don't use a whammy bar I'd avoid them unless theres a guitar you just got to have. Setting the intonation on these guitars also take a little more skill than your standard fixed bridge. You have to losen the string move it back and keep on doing it until it's right.

If you're new to it you'll probably need to pay someone to set it up to the string gauge and what tuning you tune to. The problem with this is after you mess with it... change tunings or string gauge you need it set up all over again. So if you get a floyd be SURE you know what strings and what tuning you are going to use.

But yes you can tune low. I tune to drop c on a floyd and have went to drop B. Tuning is no problem.
Quote by hcsn2008
You can down tune with it. As low as you want. You just have to have it setup for that. There are screws in the back of the guitar. You just screw them tighter to make the springs tighter and bring the floyd lower.

I can't stand them really it's a hassle especially if you don't use a whammy bar. But the fact is they come on a lot of shredder guitars. Comes on the RGT's I like. They have fixed ones but not the exact one I liked so I got the EDGE 3. Which is like an off brand floyd.

If you don't use a whammy bar I'd avoid them unless theres a guitar you just got to have. Setting the intonation on these guitars also take a little more skill than your standard fixed bridge. You have to losen the string move it back and keep on doing it until it's right.

If you're new to it you'll probably need to pay someone to set it up to the string gauge and what tuning you tune to. The problem with this is after you mess with it... change tunings or string gauge you need it set up all over again. So if you get a floyd be SURE you know what strings and what tuning you are going to use.

But yes you can tune low. I tune to drop c on a floyd and have went to drop B. Tuning is no problem.

Or buy a tremol-no and suffer no problems with it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Or buy a tremol-no and suffer no problems with it.

This is true but sometimes that can be a bitch too. I've tried blocking mine and I suffer some tuning problems. It seems to stay in tune better just using it the way it's supposed to. Which is why I set up and don't mess with it. Plus I've been playing for 12 years. I know what I want to tune to and what kinda gauge I want where as a beginner guitar player will change gauge, brand and tuning a lot more. Most of us who have been playing a while have another guitar tuned to something else. But I only play in drop c these days and don't really have no interest in changing it.
i love Floyds but REALLY love the Kahler now, although no guitars come with the Kahler trem cept the Slayer sig guitars.

but once you learn how to use and setup and tune a Floyd there so simple, just don`t be affraid of it and use commen sence, i used Floyd on my guitars except my V which is a Kahler X trem
Quote by 667
OP

There are devices that let you detune the low E to drop D without unlocking the FR.

I think this one, the "D-Tuna" was invented by EVH..

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/EVH-DTuna-Drop-D-Tuning-System?sku=361390&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26024153

use that if you have an FR but if you dont, Drop d tuning only takes you 10sec......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me