What do you guys think is the best electric guitar, for hard rock music, for around $1500-$2500?
Ernie Ball music man John Petrucci Sig
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Depends on a few things, and there are a few different winners (according to my taste).
Best value - any Carvin in that price range (that will probably buy you the nicest Carvin out there)
Best frets - any American Jackson with jumbo frets
Most articulate - any Caparison with stock pickups
Most comfortable - Caparison again
Best feeling neck shape - Gibson, Jackson or Caparison
Best feeling neck finish - Ibanez
Best sound - Caparison with stock pickups
Oh god,that question is way too vague to get anything approaching a helpful answer.You need to list things like what amp you use,what features you want,if you want production or custom,and so on.If you leave it vague like that you'll just get a bunch of answers that are basically what the poster would get with that money,and there are a ton of guitars in that price range.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

A Carvin CT6 would probably be the best value, but if you're more specific in your taste there may definately be better options. What pickups do you want, how many frets, how hard is hard rock for you, what bridge, trem or no trem, floyd rose? I'd say I play hard rock and I have a custom Warmoth with specs I haven't found on any other guitar anywhere.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Oh god,that question is way too vague to get anything approaching a helpful answer.You need to list things like what amp you use,what features you want,if you want production or custom,and so on.If you leave it vague like that you'll just get a bunch of answers that are basically what the poster would get with that money,and there are a ton of guitars in that price range.

You're right. Ok my main sound is like Slash. I love his sound, however, I know he obviously plays Gibsons, but I guess what I should have asked was, what other guitar will give me a Slash kind of sound.
Quote by Aziraphale
A Carvin CT6 would probably be the best value, but if you're more specific in your taste there may definately be better options. What pickups do you want, how many frets, how hard is hard rock for you, what bridge, trem or no trem, floyd rose? I'd say I play hard rock and I have a custom Warmoth with specs I haven't found on any other guitar anywhere.

A fellow Warmoth Soloist owner I see

Quote by HartRacer86
You're right. Ok my main sound is like Slash. I love his sound, however, I know he obviously plays Gibsons, but I guess what I should have asked was, what other guitar will give me a Slash kind of sound.

A mahogany bodied guitar with a set neck and humbuckers would be a good starting point,but a lot of his tone is his amp and personal style,which you have to consider.Something with hotter wound vintage style pups would probably be a step in the right direction.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by HartRacer86

Maybe a Carvin CS guitar (Les Paul shape but with WAY improved playability and ergonomics), maybe with a set of the Seymour Duncan's that Slash uses. Although the main factor here is your amp, 80% easily of Slash's tone comes from his Marshall, not his guitar.

- edit - @pr0gnut: Cheers indeed
Last edited by Aziraphale at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by Aziraphale
Maybe a Carvin CS guitar (Les Paul shape but with WAY improved playability and ergonomics), maybe with a set of the Seymour Duncan's that Slash uses. Although the main factor here is your amp, 80% easily of Slash's tone comes from his Marshall, not his guitar.

- edit - @pr0gnut: Cheers indeed

The CS or California carved top models would be a great choice,especially with a pup swap since IMO the pups are the only iffy things on Carvin guitars.For your price you could get an absolutely decked out Carvin,but as both Aziraphale and I have said,a large majority of old top hats tone is pure Marshall tube amp.