My only problem is i would like to buy a good E-Acoustic for out here in iraq to join my SG i have and switch between the two.

I want a Taylor 214e? i think thats the number its about 800 bucks or so.
Would the guitar be fine in its hardshell case with a humidifier?
It will also be in my room but the temp will vary through out the day here and the max in the summer time will be about 130-140....

Suggestions?!
get an ovation. its mostly composite materials like the back so you dont have to worry about the heat or anything like that warping it as much as u would with an all wood guitar. ovations also sound amazing and have a built in tuner so thats one less thing you need to carry around.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Well i can't name any specific brands but there are some new carbon fiber guitars out there that would not get messed up by heat like wood guitars.
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
i was lookin at ovations and i got a peavy vyper 30 amp i guess i could use with the ovation but i was trying to steer away from the guitars but i mean its mostly to learn on and what not so ill prolly look into one of them for sure. i mean its gonna get roughed up a little bit out here in iraq till i get back home in late septemeber.

Anymore suggestions!?
Personally, I'd steer clear of an expensive guitar in that situation. You could grab yourself a lower end guitar which will play just as well as an expensive one, and you won't be out a ****load of cash should it get busted up or fubar from the heat. Alverez, Yamaha, Epiphone all make nice guitars that can be had on a budget(not saying that you are).
Quote by LeftyDave
Personally, I'd steer clear of an expensive guitar in that situation. You could grab yourself a lower end guitar which will play just as well as an expensive one, and you won't be out a ****load of cash should it get busted up or fubar from the heat. Alverez, Yamaha, Epiphone all make nice guitars that can be had on a budget(not saying that you are).

Yeah, that's what I'd recommend too. A cheap guitar is the way to go in such an extreme environment.
Quote by Striker846
...but the temp will vary through out the day here and the max in the summer time will be about 130-140...

?? I thought humans can't survive long after 115F or so?
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Feb 19, 2009,
lol seriously it gets up to 140 here at peek hours out here do yahoo weather in june july lol

But your body does start to cramp as all the water from your skin/organs are used to refresh your blood cirrculation so you get cramps all the time and what not and doing any kind of work outside is ****in horrible