So I tomorrow i'm finally getting my valve stack, bye bye spider 2 .

The place where im getting it, has two cabs I need to decide between. Both are 2x12. I have no space for a 4 speaker cab

So theres either the....

MC 212 2x12 Marshall cab (£169)

or

Marshall 1936 2x12 (£269)

Obviously the more expensive cab is guna be better. But HOW better? Is it worth it. Differences?

Because I also wana buy a £140 pedal. Now if I get the cheaper cab, my bank balance won't drop. But then again it wont sound as good?

oh yeh i would look at other cab from different makes, but I get a deal if I buy the head and marshall cab together.

The head is a blackstar HT-5 btw
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Last edited by stratele at Feb 18, 2009,
^ well what amp are you buying??
i have no experience with the cabs you listed tough........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ well what amp are you buying??
i have no experience with the cabs you listed tough........

Blackstar HT-5 head
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
i`d go with the 1936, it`s a big cab for a 2X12 it`s Loaded with Celestion G12T-75`s, but i`m gonna say it doesn`t sound as good as a 1960 4X12 load with the same speakers.
The biggest difference will be the speaker. I think the MC has some "Celestion Customs" whilst the 1936 has V30 or g12t-75. Way better speaker. Also the buildingquality will be better, which means improvements in tone. Go for the 1936.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Thanks guys, yesterday at the store I tried the MC one and a JVM one which is way out of my budget. I didnt try the 1936 but the guy there said the 1936 was better than the JVM one.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
If you wanna save a little money on a 2x12 just as good as the 1936 try this Link Framus 2x12, Celestion Vintage 30's and it's around £30 cheaper than the 1936.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
If you wanna save a little money on a 2x12 just as good as the 1936 try this Link Framus 2x12, Celestion Vintage 30's and it's around £30 cheaper than the 1936.

+1 The Framus is sooooo much better. Go for it
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."