*Copied from recording forum due to 1:30 hours of no replies *

Ok so I want to start recording again after my Toneport GX got lost in the christmas post when I tried to return after it broke , looking around the net I find no sign of the Toneport's existance and after a little research I found out that Line 6 decided a paint job and a little tinker with the software equated to a 250% increase in price, woop-dee-****in'-doo.

So anyway here I am looking for cheap usb interfaces (sub-£35) and the only one I can find is the THE T.BONE USB-1G which seems pretty nifty but rather tacky. I tried looking for a used POD when I realised that my freakin' amp is a POD, but I have no idea of how to record it directly (No mic) through USB.

So my two questions are;

• Can I record my Line 6 Flextone III Plus through MIDI with a simple MIDI to USB converterator?
  • Also, does anyone have any experience with this T.BONE USB-1G? How does it perform?

EDIT: After some more research I found out that the MIDI in and out is for CONTROL only (damn!), but I looked at the amp and saw some XLR outputs so I looked around and found THIS. It;s intended for microphones but would it work?

Thank you for any help,
Adi
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Midi is only for control. It is well worth getting an interface with direct monitoring, as this gets rid of latency issues.
My toneport broke down, so I too am going for a new interface. My budget is 200 bucks though, so I'll be going for an onyx mackie satellite.

35 pounds is not going to get you an interface. I would personally keep saving for at the very least one of these:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_toneport_ux1.htm

With that thing you can make DI recordings for reamping (instrument in), you can make preamp recordings for cabinet impulses (line in from preamp out) and you can mic the whole thing for a total amp recording (XLR in).
WTLTL 2011
^I would do but I'm not prepared to spend £80 on it. Is there no-one who has used that T.BONE USB cable?
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Last edited by aradroxar at Feb 18, 2009,
Bumparoonie
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus