I ordered a guitar amp and accessories and ****, and they said 2 days ago that the microcube amp which I was buying was on shortage, but still all of the items were due for despatch today. Now they updated it, saying that the microcube will be despatched on the 24th, and everything else on the 18th. I'm pretty pissed off about this, I was hoping for it this week. Will it all be despatched on the 24th, or will they send the stuff in stock first, then the cube later? And are they just going to keep ****ing doing this? I ****ing booked lessons as well

I'm pissed off now
Last edited by TonalPerfection at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by TonalPerfection
I ordered a guitar amp and accessories and ****, and they said 2 days ago that the microcube amp which I was buying was on shortage, but still all of the items were due for despatch today. Now they updated it, saying that the microcube will be despatched on the 24th, and everything else on the 18th. I'm pretty pissed off about this, I was hoping for it this week. Will it all be despatched on the 24th, or will they send the stuff in stock first, then the cube later? And are they just going to keep ****ing doing this?

I'm pissed off now

Well, a week isn't all that bad. In my experience the guys from GAK are pretty nice and they can't really help it if an item is temporarily out of stock. I understand it's annoying, but it's not the end of the world.

Keep in mind that if you ever want to order a high end guitar, there's a good chance you'll have to wait for months or maybe even over a year to get it. Just be patient; you'll probably have it in your hands in a very short while.

As for shipping, there's a good change they'll ship the Cube separately.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 18, 2009,
I have no idea as I buy my stuff in person, but I'd assume they'll send what they can now and the other stuff later.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Xeus
ordered a accoustic to arrive on my birthday from gak.com. on my birthday it turned out they didnt have ay in stock, when it said on the site they did! i cancelled my order and bought it from a good honest guitar shop. i hate gak

Thats reassuring.
I had a microcube. Its definately worth the wait. I love that little amp. As for the lessons, Be cool man. Chances are your guitar teacher is a nice guy with at least two amps I'm sure he wouldn't mind you using one for a lesson.
UG's Prodigal Son
I went to the actual shop today and it was proper good, the staff there were really helpful. And from my experience of buying things online it has all been good.
Quote by Xeus
ordered a accoustic to arrive on my birthday from gak.com. on my birthday it turned out they didnt have ay in stock, when it said on the site they did! i cancelled my order and bought it from a good honest guitar shop. i hate gak

Just call them before ordering; pretty much every major retailer has this problem and the best way to avoid disappointment is to contact them prior to ordering. If you've ever been to their store, you'll know they're busy enough as it is and they can't always keep the website perfectly up to date.
Be happy, my brother ordered a microcube form them in december (for xmas) and had to wait til mid January til they were in stock. So a week ain't that bad.

The guys at Gak aren't too bad, tbh. It's my local guitar shop
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by Joeval
Be happy, my brother ordered a microcube form them in december (for xmas) and had to wait til mid January til they were in stock. So a week ain't that bad.

The guys at Gak aren't too bad, tbh. It's my local guitar shop

For a local shop it's pretty damn good
Quote by lunaticfringe93
I had a microcube. Its definately worth the wait. I love that little amp. As for the lessons, Be cool man. Chances are your guitar teacher is a nice guy with at least two amps I'm sure he wouldn't mind you using one for a lesson.

This I dont bring my own amp to my lessons cause that would be pointless as my teacher has 2.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Xeus

similar thing with my EHX small clone, which said it was in stock at the time...

i was due for a ****ing recording session in april, and the bastards kept on moving the "estimated despatch date" a week later. i then asked them what was going on and they said it's out of stock, so i waited a while, with them constantly changing the shipping date. with the recording drawing near i decided to ask them why they kept changing this whenever they reached that day. they didn't reply, instead they moved the date till halfway through may, so i cancelled.

The thing that takes the piss is the fact that they had already shipped the other pedal i ordered, charged me extra delivery costs for a larger package, and would not refund the shipping at all even though they only shipped the small package.

Some people have had good experiences with them though - very hit and miss, maybe they have some helpful people in there, and some dickheads that screw up the functioning of the business somewhat? (It happens)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
For a local shop it's pretty damn good

Yeah, pretty dame awesome in fact! Massive selection, and the staff are really good in there. And, I've never seen anyone in there being an arse, playing way too loud.
Although they will still try and sell newbies an MG...

Back on topic, a microcube is definately worth the wait. So just wait patiently for it!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
well i ordered a kirk esp from them over a year ago now and it took about 2 weeks to arrive, which to be honest isnt to bad, however i ordered a les paul from thomann, a company based in germany and that arrived in 3 days! go figure
Has anyone been through this before, and know whether if the things in stock will come and the cube will come later or what?
Quote by TonalPerfection
Has anyone been through this before, and know whether if the things in stock will come and the cube will come later or what?

read my post. I had to cancel and buy from a local shop, as the time at which i needed the pedal reached the deadline.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

GAK are really nice in my experience, but I always find it beneficial to call their store to see if they have everything in stock.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Took me two months to get my Ibanez from GAK.
Still, I love their prices, so I can live with the time. Though I've noticed as of recent their prices have gone up, a £350 amp to like £480 or something and most price rises are very similar. Damn credit crunch
Before i order from gak i make sure the item is in stock, i phone them to make sure, not difficult is it?
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
Prety much the same thing with me (I think I will now class GAK as unreliable), I ordered a Peavy Vypyr 30W on sunday and have been waiting for it all week, I rang them up yesterday and asked where it was and they said that it wont be instock until late March, they didn't Contact me in any way and I have spoken to other people and they say that they have not heard of the fact that Peavey Amps are all having a recall which is what GAK said.

Suspicious...

Edit, The website also said that it was in stock
Last edited by liam-rooney at Feb 19, 2009,
i ordered a peavey vypyr from GAK, they sent an email saying id have to wait almost 2 and a half months for delivery.

i cancelled the order.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
i ordered a peavey vypyr from GAK, they sent an email saying id have to wait almost 2 and a half months for delivery.

i cancelled the order.

at least they actually sent you an email... normally they just keep quiet about it and wait for you to figure it out.

Quote by Blompcube
at least they actually sent you an email... normally they just keep quiet about it and wait for you to figure it out.

Thas what happened to me, Didn't contact me at all I have got y money back and I have emailed Peavey to check that there has actuallybeen a recall because that was GAK's excuse, If there isn't and they are lying I will necer use them again...
Quote by liam-rooney
Thas what happened to me, Didn't contact me at all I have got y money back and I have emailed Peavey to check that there has actuallybeen a recall because that was GAK's excuse, If there isn't and they are lying I will necer use them again...

i'd just stop using GAK anyway. DV247.com ftw!

Well it seems all of my rage was in vein.. Just checked the order and its been despatched for today Happy ending after all.
Quote by TonalPerfection
Well it seems all of my rage was in vein.. Just checked the order and its been despatched for today Happy ending after all.

Congrats and enjoy your new gear
Quote by liam-rooney
Edit, The website also said that it was in stock

I know a few people who have ordered from GAK and then learned later that the item was out of stock. It's happened to me in the past too, however, the problem is that GAK's site doesn't tell you if an item is in stock or not so unless you telephone before hand, then it's going to be pot luck.

In any case the website couldn't have told you that the item was in stock, so whilst you may well have a gripe with them, you're being unfair with that comment.
Quote by Free
I know a few people who have ordered from GAK and then learned later that the item was out of stock. It's happened to me in the past too, however, the problem is that GAK's site doesn't tell you if an item is in stock or not so unless you telephone before hand, then it's going to be pot luck.

In any case the website couldn't have told you that the item was in stock, so whilst you may well have a gripe with them, you're being unfair with that comment.

Ok, sorry for Saying that, for some reason I had it in my head that it said in stock, I was also looking at a load of other websites as well as GAK so I must have got them mixed up
Im still upset that It wasn't instock but now I realise that it was actually my fault, but One thing I stil am not very happy about is that they did not contact me in any way, so I would have had to wait for even longer and then call to find out that it was not in stock
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Congrats and enjoy your new gear

Its coming tomorrow, hopefully I'll get pics up tomorrow , and thanks
Yeah congrats on the new gear I'll look forward to seeing the pics.

And liam-rooney it ain't your fault mate, its totally down to GAK and they should do something to inform prospective buyers of their stock limitations. I just thought it was unfair to say that their website had indicated something was in stock.

That said, I no longer use GAK, they're not the cheapest, in fact their not even competive most of the time, add that to the is it in stock or not conundrum and you'll find much better online retailers out there.