I would like to venture into the realm of pedal building and would like to do a jimi inspired fuzz face build. I see that there are a lot of sites out there along with lots of kits. As a total beginner what should i do? What kits would you recommend or what sites should I check out to make this a successful building experience. Thanks again for your help.
check the ultimate pedal building thread. by the time you finish digging thru it you'll have all the info you'd need to begin with.
What fuzz dyou want? Germanium or Silicon? I'd suggest you make either a Roger Mayer Classic (Germanium) or Axis (Silicon) clone. They basically were Jimi's Fuzz Faces.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I think I am defintely more intersted in a germanium clone. where would I find a kit for this or plans? thanks for the suggestions I am psyched.
Quote by buzzzxx
I think I am defintely more intersted in a germanium clone. where would I find a kit for this or plans? thanks for the suggestions I am psyched.
i suggest rereading my first comment since what you ask is answered in the exact place i referred you to.
I really love the attitude that comes off on here. I really dont know why anyone asks questions on here when they receive snarky remarks.
He's giving you good advice, if you have any questions after browsing the pedal building thread I'd be suprised.

At least he didn't say "Ultimate Pedal Building Thread /thread" not that annoys me too!
Quote by buzzzxx
I really love the attitude that comes off on here. I really dont know why anyone asks questions on here when they receive snarky remarks.

not for nothing but just because you are too lazy to find info that is extremely easily available is no ones fault but your own. you asked for advice about what you should do, to which i replied to check the one thread on here that would answer all your questions. and since you are so serious about venturing into the realm of pedal building you chose to completely avoid this recommendation to refer to the ultimate pedal thread. how do i know? because then you went ahead and asked where to find kits and plans. had you bothered to spend a few minutes reading the ultimate pedal building thread such information, and where to attain such things, would have been made painstakingly obvious to you.

and you want a kit (information of which is also available in that thread)
is it that difficult to type fuzz pedal kit into google?
Settle down Noisefarmer. I have looked at the thread that you mentioned but at 400 plus pages it is a little daunting to extract information from and gain quick advise. I certainly would not catagorize my intent as lazy. I post because I get an answer to my question and then can suppliment that knowledge by reading through the long thread. If my question bothers you so much then pull up your big girl panties and dont reply. I thank those on here like GezzyDiversion who provided their input on what has worked for them and thus I can narrow my search.
Quote by buzzzxx
Settle down Noisefarmer. I have looked at the thread that you mentioned but at 400 plus pages it is a little daunting to extract information from and gain quick advise. I certainly would not catagorize my intent as lazy. I post because I get an answer to my question and then can suppliment that knowledge by reading through the long thread. If my question bothers you so much then pull up your big girl panties and dont reply. I thank those on here like GezzyDiversion who provided their input on what has worked for them and thus I can narrow my search.

yeah it is a long thread. the first post in it though is the important one. it's the one with all the information and links to further information that would explain things and answer the questions one would have venturing into the world of pedal building if they were a beginner and lists the places one would go for kits, pcbs, parts and info on how to put it together if they were a novice. so 400 pages is quite daunting but when the very first post has the majority of the answers right there in an easily clickable form, well, there is really little to no excuse. afterall the thread exists because of questions and requests just like yours.

and what i do with my big girl panties is no ones business but my own but i do sell videos if anyone is interested although i wouldnt understand why they'd be.
LOL how much are the videos going for? I might be interested in one of those. My apologies to you Noisefarmer. I guess I misread and mistake your post. It is rather diffecult to interperet tone from the written word at times and thus my error. So once again I apologize to you and thank you for your help and the time you spent posting to this thread.