Page 1 of 2
Who on UG is unemployed/got laid off?

Ive been turned down 3 jobs the past 2 weeks cause of the gay recession or whatever. I need a source of income and cant get one.
love is love // return to dust
I'm having trouble finding contracting work, and recently got laid off, thank god for unemployment benefits.

EDIT: TS, you're like 16, you don't need a job that bad.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 18, 2009,
The gay recession?

Funny...I figured with Obama being elected, they'd start coming out all over the place.
I'm hiring. Skilled reach truck operators for picking and packing / receiving and general warehouse duties in West Edmonton.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
I was this autumn. Studying history now.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
It took me 4 months to get a job but i guess i waited it out for good paying jobs right now im making 11.60 an hour.
I could do with a job, but im not desperate. just hope i can get one after college
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Unemployed. Then again, that's not surprising hearing it from a 14 year old kid. I could do with a new amp or some effects, but there's no place in a small town like ours to get a job. I mean a really small town. Pop. 1764.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

EDIT: TS, you're like 16, you don't need a job that bad.

I have a car that guzzles premium gas, and I drive around 200 miles every weekend to go to malls and stuff and chill with people. Ive burned through $150 the past week.
It took me 5 minutes to get the job I have at the moment.
They were so desperate for personell that they didn't realize that I'm not such a hard worker.
I can't find a job either and I really need one.
Stupid small town.
Can't wait till I move back to AZ.
More jobs there.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
I couldn't afford my gear if I was working!!
I'd lose lots of benefits and most especially my free medical stuff. In work I'd be dead.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by tancanada
I have a car that guzzles premium gas, and I drive around 200 miles every weekend to go to malls and stuff and chill with people. Ive burned through $150 the past week.

Please don't reproduce.
I recently got myself a job and start on the 30th of March Keep going, keep looking and something will come up
Quote by tancanada
I drive around 200 miles every weekend to go to malls and stuff and chill with people. .

Two HUNDRED miles EVERY weekend?
I think you're exaggerating a little bit...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by tancanada

*insert crying baby picture*
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
things are gonna get worse now that the spending bill was passed
The Conservative youth of America!
Quote by mrcrono
Please don't reproduce.

Haha, uhh I'll try.
Oh, and my dad's lost 200k in the stock market the past 6 months. Just throwin that out there.
And no, im not exagerating. Bradenton, FL to Saint Petersburg and Tampa, FL is NOT a short drive.
Quote by metaldud536
I have a job interview tomorrow. W00t I guess.

You dont have a chance metaldud
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by metaldud536
Good luck
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by tancanada
Haha, uhh I'll try.
Oh, and my dad's lost 200k in the stock market the past 6 months. Just throwin that out there.
And no, im not exagerating. Bradenton, FL to Saint Petersburg and Tampa, FL is NOT a short drive.

Sucks to be you then doesn't it. Find friends closer to home.
Why would you hang about a mall anyways?
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Unemployed. Then again, that's not surprising hearing it from a 14 year old kid. I could do with a new amp or some effects, but there's no place in a small town like ours to get a job. I mean a really small town. Pop. 1764.

Your town has less people than my highschool.
I have a job, i work at acme fresh markets, aka acme ****hole where the union takes 10% of your pay so that you don't get any benefits! AWESOME! The head "executive" for the local 880 makes something like $200k a year, and theres a handful of people that make over $100k a year. its bull****. I have another job too without a union thats almost $20 per hour so its all good
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Quote by tancanada
Just don't drive.. dumbass. Learn to use something called a bike.
Quote by metaldud536

Haha good luck man!

Quote by KlassikMetal666
Just don't drive.. dumbass. Learn to use something called a bike.

You want me to ride a bike 50 miles?
Im not Neil Armstrong, yknow.
I got laid off from my job at Nokia like thousands of other people.
Been living gracefully with the moneys for a couple of months, but now I'm coming short and will find myself looking at a big pile of shit unless I find another job soon.
I probably can't get any decent job since I have to go to the army in July and will be stuck there for at least 6 months.
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by tancanada

Aww poor baby. Because having a car that uses premium gas makes you sound so desperate. Going to the mall is necessary as well, f*ck my bills im going to the mall!!!

As someone else said dont reproduce.
Quote by tancanada

Thats because you're an idiot.
Quote by xander307
You dont have a chance metaldud

And to Masamune: It's at a Chuck E. Cheese. I'll be part of the gaming area where the arcade machines are. No I'm not dressing up as a stupid RAT!

And yes thanks all for the good luck
Quote by tancanada

Who pays for all this? You sound spoiled to me.
Quote by tancanada
You want me to ride a bike 50 miles?
Im not Neil Armstrong, yknow.
It's free though. Free > Not Free.
Quote by metaldud536

And to Masamune: It's at a Chuck E. Cheese. I'll be part of the gaming area where the arcade machines are. No I'm not dressing up as a stupid RAT!

And yes thanks all for the good luck

Aha
You should dress up as the rat. You could be known as the Pit Mousey.
Page 1 of 2