I have made a solo that involved all of the notes in a c minor scale, except that end the end I use an E instead of Eflat. Its in the last riff of the solo, and any other time I use an E. My question is, would it be better to change that E to an E flat or can i keep it the way I have it?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
If it sounds good to you then keep it. If you are playing in C minor then E is just raising the minor third to a major third. You don't have to use strictly diatonic notes. What chords are you playing the E over?
While soloing, don't think of a scale as a limitation. Think of it as a guide that doesn't have to be followed 100%.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
E is the relative major of C minor

That would be Eb.
Quote by synystagates
I have made a solo that involved all of the notes in a c minor scale, except that end the end I use an E instead of Eflat. Its in the last riff of the solo, and any other time I use an E. My question is, would it be better to change that E to an E flat or can i keep it the way I have it?

Keep it SO LONG AS you have no other conflicting notes... if you insert something that is in conflict with you you ought to change it our it will make the entire piece with multiple instruments sound off. Every new note introduces a temporary constraint.
Quote by blueriver
If it sounds good to you then keep it. If you are playing in C minor then E is just raising the minor third to a major third. You don't have to use strictly diatonic notes. What chords are you playing the E over?

Yeah it sounds fine I was just wondering if it was okay to do that with both E and Eflat. not sure what chords, going to use some fifth chords probably. any recommendations?

and thanks all for the input
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Last edited by synystagates at Feb 18, 2009,