Hey I was wondering what you guitar people think about the Fender telecaster 72 custom guitar? is it better then the deluxe ? or is it a waste of money?

Have anyone of you owned one of those??

please answer I really need a second opinion
Quote by Svana12
Hey I was wondering what you guitar people think about the Fender telecaster 72 custom guitar? is it better then the deluxe ? or is it a waste of money?

Have anyone of you owned one of those??

please answer I really need a second opinion

which one is that? The solid body dual humbucker, thinline or the sc/hb model?
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by necroscience13
the deluxe is better imo. strat neck and bridge humbucker make it so

you just described the same thing he did....

In anycase, I spent some time with one of those in a store. When I was shopping for a tele, I played everything and anything with a single cut-a-way and a slab body I could find. I wasn't too impressed with the handywork on the guitar, or the sound of those pickups. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad guitar, just not that spectacular. It's also a very peculiar guitar, so, you may want to go in and try it out yourself. I ended up going with the Squier VM Thinline for 3 reasons: single coils, rosewood board, %50 of the price of those MIM reissues. The work done on the squier is about on par with those MIM reissue teles, actually. Very suprising.

But, go check 'em out. See how you like the pickups and the neck. I personally loved the neck on 'em, though... man, that thing had a sweet neck.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Thank you for the advise ! But the problem is that i live in iceland and that guitar is not in any store right know.. but i am going to denmark this summer and i might just check it out here..

what was wrong with the handy work on the guitar??
The '72 deluxe is amazing.
One of my best friends has had one for over 5 years, and he's yet to buy another guitar (he has a job, so he could save up if he wanted one)

When I bought my sparrow I could've gotten the 72 deluxe if I wanted...The 72 deluxe was very good, and it played pretty much just as good. 2 of the reasons why I chose the sparrow over the tele was because 1) the sparrow was very different from my 2 other guitars (mustang, and jagmaster), and the tele was quite similar to them, 2) The sparrow was almost 50% off (regularly 1199$, was on sale for 699$) so I thought I'd never find another one for such a good deal, and if I want the tele in a few months it'll still be 800ish
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Feb 19, 2009,
There good quality guitars, feel great. but they dont have the traditional fender sound
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A