Hi i wonder if someone here can help me or at least tell me if this is normal. I started taking guitar lessons around 3 months ago and feel i am making good progress with everything but some strumming patterns for songs i find very hard to do.

basically its more when there are a few missed strums im not sure how else to put it. it feels very hard to do and i wondered if this was normal, this happens even when i know exactly what the strumming pattern is it just seems like my hand wants to do as it likes. some patterns im fine with and others i just feel i am making no prgress whatsoever.

any help would be grately appreciated.

Kind regards Danny
Perfectly normal. You may want to try playing very slowly, while consciously relaxing your strumming hand.

When I say slow, I mean SLOW. It helps, really.
Quote by Vykk Draygo
Perfectly normal. You may want to try playing very slowly, while consciously relaxing your strumming hand.

When I say slow, I mean SLOW. It helps, really.

That is such an important factor to use for both hands, i used to play with WAY more effort than needed and since i've taught my right and left hands to use little effort as possible while relaxing you can get faster than you would playing harder.
Same with me but I've been playing for about 8 months :P
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
I know the feeling. Try just muting the strings with your fretting hand for a bit so you can concentrate on the strumming pattern, then put the left hand in again. Works for me