I had it finished about two months ago but still haven't made a thread about it. Guess I was too lazy to do so
But now I'm bored this evening and I'm finally making my thread, because I'd like to hear what you think of it. EDIT: Also, mind you this is the first 'real' pedal I've ever built. Before this I made 2 true bypass loopers switchable to a feedback loop.
/EDIT

I started out with a PCB of the old version of BYOC's Fuzz Face clone and then implemented quite a bit of mods. A lot of frustration and tight-fitting later my fuzz was born. The mods I implemented are:
- volume boost (replace 470 ohm with 1K)
- bass cut (wired the stock 2.2 uF and a .047 uF to a DPDT switch)
- huge-ass bass boost (100 nF wired to an SPDT switch in parallel with the collector and base of transistor 2)
- independent transistor switching (wired two pairs of BC109s and AC127s to DPDT switches to allow for fully germanium, fully silicon or 2 tastes of hybrid fuzz)
- voltage sag (B100K pot in series with the power supply and 9V+ in)
- external bias (B10K full size pot instead of internal trim pot)

Most mods have proven to be pretty useful and cool additions to the FF circuit. The Ge/Si hybrid is really great, raspy and agressive but still warm and woolly, yet not muddy but still very defined. Sagging the voltage while overbiasing gives great sputtery and gated sounds and the volume boost and bass cut really improve the FF's pressure in the overall mix.
Only the bassboost is pretty useless, although it can be fun when combined with overbiasing for an NES kind of sound
Now all that is left to do is enjoy it and pray it won't break because I really can't get the board out of the enclosure again, it's a very thight fit.

Total cost of the project: about €40,-

And now, for some pics, 'cause this thread would be worthless without
Oh and sorry, no pics of the inside because well err... you don't wanna see that. It's gotten a bit messy thanks to me trying to cram it all in a BB enclosure

Pots and switches all wired up and eagerly waiting for the circuit board to join them

A close-up of the transistor switches

All is assembled

On my pedalboard-to-be (sorry, cellphone pic)
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by Lauke_101 at Feb 18, 2009,
The striped or the solid coloured ones?

The striped I've bought in an electronics shop in The Hague, the solid coloured ones are from a piece of telephone wire I've stripped. They're solid core wires by the way.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hahaha
Yummy, wire

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣