So I'm looking at a new amp, preferably a half stack. I was looking at a Blackheart BH100 head and a Peavey 6505 cab (as the title suggests). I play rock, grunge and metal but want something with a decent clean and have an Epi Zakk Wylde Les Paul and am saving for a Fender Jaguar HH. Any other suggestions would be great. My budget is £1000 at the very, very most but anything good for less is obviously great.

Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

The BH100 hot head can do all of those except anything higher than Thrash Metal.......
Why Halfstack??
and what "metal" ??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Mainly because I need it for bigger gigs and stuff. And my logic is, if I get something this size now, I don't have to upgrade it for ages and when I want to i can just buy another cab.

And I play most kinds of music but my band plays grungey/metal-ish tones. Kinda high treble, mid mids (haha, I feel cool now) and mid bass with a hell of a lot of gain.

Usually stuff like Dream Theatre and that (not really 100% metal but you get the point)

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Laney GH100L or VH100R? The VH may be a bit pricey if you want a quality 4x12 as well for under 1k though.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Laney GH100L or VH100R? The VH may be a bit pricey if you want a quality 4x12 as well for under 1k though.

Yeah it's too pricey. I wanted a head AND cab for 1k max.

I have never tried the BH100 cuz my GC still doesnt have it.....
but since i have a Little Giant and i have played the 5150/6505 i can give you some advice......
Cleans:
Blackheart > 6505
Br00talnezz
6505 > Blackheart

Do you really want decent cleans but can still pull of Dream Theater ???
if "yes" go with the Blackheart BUT try it out first......
feel free to add me
Curious little interruption here and I apologize...

But, how much does that BH100 retail for, do ya think?

I always wanted to try one...

Sorry for that TS, lol.
^ its $899 on the US
feel free to add me
Hmmmm... that's bad ass.

I wish L&M would order them, but sadly, no they won't. Emailed Steve's Music - they won't get it either.

Dumb heads.
Quote by alfonzo99
Yeah it's too pricey. I wanted a head AND cab for 1k max.

Used then. I got a VH stack for £400.