3OH!3 on the newest Warped Tour Compilation CD.
Ever since then I have been listening to so much rap and hip hop.
I used to claim that I hated everything in that genre, but now I listen to Rap and Hip Hop all the time.
I just made this huge transition in musical taste really quickly.

Who else has had an experience kinda like this?
Discuss.
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
i went from punk to metal, not as bigger jump as yours but hey whatever floats your boat.
I Won't Let This Build Up Inside Of Me

Quote by FFTLxx

muhat gandy
+Sideways 8

Well thats me set ^^
oh
rap/ hip hop -> linkin park -> limp bizkit -> slipknot -> soulfly -> metallica -> dream theater, joe satriani,lte,pink floyd and some rock like led zeppelin
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Guns n' Roses -> Metallica -> Children of Bodom

Just to generalise genres.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by muhat gandy
i went from punk to metal, not as bigger jump as yours but hey whatever floats your boat.

I can't beleive your not getting flamed for listening to rap.
I did the same thing - except i listened to rap...until about the time of 50 cent who ruined it for everyone....and now i listen to metal alot more. but i have always loved drugs
Quote by capsfan17
you think girls are confusing, try eating a refrigirator, now that was confusing
This is over 8 years or so
pop -> poppunk -> alternative rock -> metal (just a little bit)->alternative/ garage rock

the last 3 stages are like the past 3 or 4 years, so that's gone fast, transitions aren't that extreme...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Well, my ipod went from playing Dave Matthews Band to Norah Jones to Slipknot to Metallica to Mozart to Sum 41.
I did the exact opposite a couple of years ago.

the people I've met who've done the same thing tend to be less elitist about their tastes as they realise that other genres have something to offer.

The people who completely dismiss rap and hiphop are worse than the retards they claim are attempting poetry.

EDIT: since we're listing progressions.

50cent/jayz/nas/2pac>metallica(heard an AMV for no leaf clover)>what you see today.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by v_gamer
I can't beleive your not getting flamed for listening to rap.
I did the same thing - except i listened to rap...until about the time of 50 cent who ruined it for everyone....and now i listen to metal alot more. but i have always loved drugs

I Still listen to metal and hardcore, but my musical taste has now extended to rap and Hip Hop.

Boston->As I Lay Dying->Underminded->Unk->3OH!3->Savage->M.I.A.->Hollywood Undead->Trance generators

Just a little diverse.
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
i went from praise and worship to metal..... my first song was towards dead end by children of bodom. it was the most awesome thing i had ever heard. went from there.
Quote by CJE
I punched my friend out of a desk and yelled "FATALITY."
Best. Study hall. Evar.
Or like the time I yelled out "WHY DOES IT BURN WHEN I PEEEEEEEE????"
Best. Library time. Evar.

Quote by slaveofsatan
I yelled "I leik t3h mudkipz" in my grade 9 orientation.
Don't trust a hoe, never trust a hoe!
I've also recently gotten into 3OH!3 for some reason, which has lead me to discover Devil Wears Prada, Bring Me The Horizon (even more) and Escape The Fate.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by RMC06
Well, my ipod went from playing Dave Matthews Band to Norah Jones to Slipknot to Metallica to Mozart to Sum 41.

We have a winner
My MP3 player freaks out my friends when its on shuffle.

Went from Chopin, to Lupe Fiasco, to Mogwai, then to Cephalic Carnage
The Beatles started it when I wasn't really listening to anything, really. Then John Mayer. Then the Doors. Then Bob Dylan. Then Michael Jackson. Now, I have a surprising fascination with Lil Wayne.
I still listen to all these guys by the way.
Vengaboys -> Westlife -> Five -> Blink182 -> Sum41-> Bullet For My Valentine -> Metallica -> Death
MUNSTER

Heineken Cup Champions 2005/2006 2007/2008

rap (run dmc) - hardrock/glamrock - classic rock/bluesrock - Dylan. Full stop.

Or well, today I mainly listen to Johnny Thunders, Dylan, Pixies, Doherty, The Doors.

Edited this post 5 times and it still looks like ****.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Feb 18, 2009,
Michael Jackson > Queen > Nickelback > Evanescence > Metallica > Slipknot > System of a Down > Korn > Trivium > Dragonforce > Nightwish > Megadeth > Crush 40 > Nevermore > Dream Theater > Opeth > Michael Angelo > Cannibal Corpse > Dimmu Borgir

something like that... wow thats along way :P
tbh there be a game thread called it al started with, i might make one
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25