Alright so im not sure this is the riight place to post this, but i need to find something or i will never be content with my custom guitar.

Im building a custom strat, its gonna be a black body with either a white or white pearloid pickgaurd with an ebony fretboard but the inlay on the fretboard i want to be very specific. If anyone has seen the 2007 steve vai white special, the rose inlay that is in there, i want it in the same colour as the pickgaurd creeping up the neck and being completed on the headstock. if anyone knows where i can find this or somone who can do this or a way to do this please tell me.
~Defiant~
isnt that vine of life or something like that ??
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
You mean Ibanez Gem?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Someone who makes custom guitars in your area.
Ask at gear shops.
███████████████████████████████████
the gear shops im winnipeg are ass. and yes i mean the jems vine of life
~Defiant~
I hope your willing to shell out major cash for something like that. Expect at least 300 for that to be done.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
i budgetted for 400 but i still need to find a place to do it
~Defiant~
Metalwarrior40, you up for the challenge?
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
This guy looks like he could probably handle it...

www.handcraftinlay.com

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
yea that guy is good, but hes gonna charge 600-900 for just the inlay
~Defiant~
Well what are you expectin to pay $10?

Good inlay work isnt going to be cheap.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
This is funny. Earlier this year I had to choose between a couple Schecters which were nearly identical, and part of my decision was to purposefully avoid the vine of life. I can think of about sixty thousand better things to spend $400 on, but I guess I'm not you.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
$400 gets you a long way towards a top of the line dremel and as many practice bits as you will ever need. I think yuo could probably get the vine already pre cut so you would just have to rout and fit
sorry tahts the only helpful input i can add

oh and i found this
http://cgi.ebay.com/tree-of-life-rosewood-fretboard-inlays-luthier-project_W0QQitemZ160315606525QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item160315606525&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
Last edited by MichaelSpeer at Feb 19, 2009,
and i wasnt expecting to pay 10 bucks, but for 600 dollars i could do it myself twice.... and thianks to the links guys. This is gonna be my 3rd guitar, its gonna be a black strat, white pickgaurd, inlay and the neck are black with pearl inlay and in the body im going to engrave a continuation of the tree of life all around until the pickgaurd then im gonna paint more continuation into completion on the pickgaurd in black
~Defiant~