I'm starting to save for a new all-tube amp for band shows. Right now i have an mg100hdfx yeah i know...... I got it for Christmas and am hating it more and more than i already did. I was just wondering what you would do. I'm thinking of buying a marshall jcm 900 head for like 800-900 from ebay. Then upgrading from the crappy cab to maybe a mesa? I'm not exactly sure but my budget is maxed out at 2000 well atleast when i save up. I play mostly metal. What would you buy for a Head and Cab i'm looking for a rip your face off amp and im not sure what i should get. Also If i were to buy the Jcm amp could i use it with the mg412a for a limited time to save for a new cab?
I would get a 1960A to go with that JCM. Marshall makes good cabs.

Or just get some avatar... I've never heard one in person, but people here seem to love them.
███████████████████████████████████
USD? AUD? GBP? Euro? Rupees (lol.)?

I'm guessing you mean 800-900 USD since you say Mesa.

I would say used JCM is a nice idea if you can get an affordable cab, I don't really think splashing out extra on a Mesa cabinet would be worth it.. It'd be good to keep some money left over for possible retubing/maintenance/speaker change/new pedal/your bills.
Quote by dcwlf
i'm looking for a rip your face off amp

man im sure we can do better than a marshall

Peavey 5150/6505 used might be worth a look, also maybe an ENGL Fireball, maybe a Framus Cobra (You would be lucky with your budget though, never know though if you are going used!)

As for the cab, any decent brand with V30s would suit you well, honestly with the upgrades you are looking at you wont know the meaning of rip your face off till you plug in and crank it up good luck man!
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by mh400nt
man im sure we can do better than a marshall

Peavey 5150/6505 used might be worth a look, also maybe an ENGL Fireball, maybe a Framus Cobra (You would be lucky with your budget though, never know though if you are going used!)

As for the cab, any decent brand with V30s would suit you well, honestly with the upgrades you are looking at you wont know the meaning of rip your face off till you plug in and crank it up good luck man!

Yeah i was looking into the peaveys also thanks
Used Quickrod should do the trick.

Someone around here got one for $1,300.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 18, 2009,
^ is it 311???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me