I'm considering buying an Ibanez SA120, because it's available and affordable to me. I've been playing for about 5 years and the styles I play include mainly shred, black metal and blues. The amps I use are usually a Roland Cube 15 and a Randall RG75 (not sure about the model name). Is this guitar a good shred machine in terms of playability and sound (Shred=Sweeps, alternate picking, legato, string skipping)? I'm probably going to replace the pickups with Dimarzios for sure. The bridge on this guitar is standard 2-point tremolo which is a bit floating so can I can tighten the springs and get it stuck to the body, or will that have negative effects? And by the way don't give me crap about how shred depends on the player not the guitar, because some guitars are impossible to shred on.

Thanks.
Quote by Horlicks
What amp you got?

Quote by Amer91
I'm considering buying an Ibanez SA120, because it's available and affordable to me. I've been playing for about 5 years and the styles I play include mainly shred, black metal and blues. The amps I use are usually a Roland Cube 15 and a Randall RG75 (not sure about the model name). Is this guitar a good shred machine in terms of playability and sound (Shred=Sweeps, alternate picking, legato, string skipping)? I'm probably going to replace the pickups with Dimarzios for sure. The bridge on this guitar is standard 2-point tremolo which is a bit floating so can I can tighten the springs and get it stuck to the body, or will that have negative effects? And by the way don't give me crap about how shred depends on the player not the guitar, because some guitars are impossible to shred on.

Thanks.

Reading is hard nowadays
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I used an Ibanez SAS32FM for a while. I loved it. If the SA and SAS series are similar, it should be great. A comfortable (but not paper thin) neck. The tremolo wasn't very good though...
I'm not cool.

I have an SA120. It's not too shabby. I don't like the neck or the pick-ups, but I changed them for DiMarzio Evos anyway. It's a pretty good deal.
Well about the tremolo issue, can I tighten the springs to make it stuck to the body instead of floating?
Quote by Amer91
Well about the tremolo issue, can I tighten the springs to make it stuck to the body instead of floating?

No, that wouldn't work. But you can always block it with a piece of wood.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
But it's not a Floyd Rose type of tremolo with the bridge tuners and the other stuff. There's no cavity, and having it in a floating position is sure to screw tuning. I mean it's a major problem if I have to block it. Has anyone tried doing what I suggested?
if you look on ibanez there's a way to make it dive-only it's like turning something on it or something, i remember it's got that feature though.