hi,

i own a fender cd110-e acoustic dreadnought guitar, and i like the tone of it, but the action is set up fairly high, while i'm used to a rather low action, so is there any way i could lower the action, i don't see how 'cause there aren't any screws or so, but i'm sure there is a way

thanks
take off the bridge and if it a single long piece you can file it down or check to see if ther are any shims of card under it
take off the bridge and if it a single long piece you can file it down or check to see if ther are any shims of card under it
If you want to lower your action literally, you have to remove the bridge piece and file it. Be careful, though, as a slight amount too far will result in a nearly unplayable instrument. Then you'll have to replace the bridge piece.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
The word I think everyone is looking for is the saddle, not bridge piece
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by guitar is yummy
The word I think everyone is looking for is the saddle, not bridge piece

DING!

Thanks. I couldn't recall it for the life of me.

It was actually quite irritating.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
If you want to lower your action literally, you have to remove the bridge piece and file it. Be careful, though, as a slight amount too far will result in a nearly unplayable instrument. Then you'll have to replace the bridge piece.

Ive done this to mine and it worked. If you do go this route i do suggest only taking off 1/16th of an inch then trying it. repeat if necessary. itll help u get it low enough for u, but not screw u up
Quote by Edo
try to adjust truss rod a bit worked for meh

Don't, whatever you do. The truss rod is to correct a bowing neck, mess with it and you can completely fuck it up if you're not sure what you're doing.
Quote by minibrowny
Don't, whatever you do. The truss rod is to correct a bowing neck, mess with it and you can completely fuck it up if you're not sure what you're doing.

Slight adjustments won't screw anything up, don't worry.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by manoranimal
hi,

i own a fender cd110-e acoustic dreadnought guitar, and i like the tone of it, but the action is set up fairly high, while i'm used to a rather low action, so is there any way i could lower the action, i don't see how 'cause there aren't any screws or so, but i'm sure there is a way

thanks

Sounds like you're used to electric and now have an acoustic but think the action is too high. It's not. You aren't used to it yet. Give it time. Acoustic guitars need the higher action because of the larger gauge strings on them. If you lower the action too much, you'l wind up with fret buzz and will more than likely throw off your intonation, which is a pain to get right on an acoustic.
Fender's don't make the greatest acoustics, just so you know. Many do play hard and sound pretty lousy compared to other brands. If you know what you're doing, you could sand off a little of the bottom of the bridge saddle, but take it slow and don't remove too much material.
Also, don't go about messing with the truss rod unless you know what you're doing. It's not a cure-all adjustment for acoustic guitars.
Quote by manoranimal
hi,

thanks

Its probably where it should be.
Before you start messing around find out for sure.
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!