I got the idea today of building a Malmsteen-esque Strat (Won't be happening soon however) to save myself the $7500 and I remember him saying he only has the neck and bridge pickups wired and the middle one is just for looks. Since that's the case, could I put a 3-way blade selector in the place of the normal 5-way and wire the two pickups to it or are the 3-way selectors bigger than the 5 way ones?
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Yes, you can. No, they're the same size.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Earlier Strats all had 3 way. With care you could find mid points where two pups were alive.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

You could always just add a push button to activate your neck pickup or wire your five way with just the two pickups and then a couple "dead spots".
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
nah, i hate middle pickups and never use them no matter what so it would be mounted flush with the pickguard and out of the way; i dont use pickups them in tandem either, its neck or bridge for me
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
They are the same size. You'll have to use both poles of the switch. In my UWD thread (sig), there's a diagram of how to do it, though the tone/volume wiring is different, but works the same.