Page 1 of 3
...because you cost your parents a lot?

Especially in these difficult times, I always feel like I ask for too much. I get guitar lessons, school costs quite a bit, and when I feel my second pair of headphones start to break, I just can't face asking my dad to buy a new one.

Does anyone else feel bad for being a bit of a burden?

Edit: I'm 15 btw - nowhere near university, and not legally allowed to get a job.
Last edited by gabcd86 at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by angusfan16
I pay for most of my shit, so no.

I'm with this guy, I do my best to pay my way through school (plus student loans) and everything else. When I'm home they buy the food and pay my cell phone bill every month (like $15 bucks add on to my dads plan). That's it.
is too young to be versed in such grown up ways...

please listen to my band at www.drawntofury.com
Get a job and pay for your own stuff. Living off of your parents funds won't really teach the values of money. I can know, I needed to get my own stuff since I turned 16, shoes, clothes, guitars, the whole thing. Get a job and you'll be happy to have earned some money with which you can pay for your own stuff. Feels much better than asking your parents for money.
Well, unemployment is through the roof - so, given the choice between an adult and a 15-year old who isn't even actually allowed to work, who would you pick?

Besides, my town is useless.
I have this a lot.
I don't want to go on holliday with them because
I think 'll cost them a lot of money :s

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

I pay for my own ****.
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

sorta, but sometimes i just look at the really good and expensive audio system my dad has (probably worth like +10 thousand $$$)

but then again, hes selling one of the parts to get me a new amp (dual recto)
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
I know how you feel..
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
no, i pay for everything, rent, phone, car, insurances...you just need to find out that headphones are things you have to live without, get a job and stop asking for money how old are you 12?
Butcher
I don't ask my mum for anything so no. Sometimes when I go to visit her she gives me £40 for the train fare and I feel guilty. Not that guilty though because she's rich and my sister isn't so discerning at taking handouts from her
i had a job when i was 13 and no ones town is completely jobless, just excuses.

oh and noxiosimitator (think'll) is not a word.
Butcher
Generally with threads like this, people who pay for their own stuff think there so fu(king hardcore, hard done by and like MAN OF THE WORLD! lol...

I feel guilty sometimes. But now I buy mostly all my stuff, even food as I live away. But expensive gifts etc...sometimes I feel guilty yes.
My parents pay my car insurance and my phone bill. Other than that, lately Im buying most of my food. Im not home too much so thats about it. I dont feel guilty, but I should probably show my gratefulness more. I could barely afford all those things myself, what with driving to college and/or work everyday.
Well, I'm sure I'll be able to do without asking for money when I'm out of the house, but I'm 15, guys - not a student, not living away from home.

Although, to add to the fun, my dad lives across the Channel, so asking for stuff from him feels like i'm guilt-tripping him to get stuff :/
Quote by brad_butcher

A) Yeah, and "no ones town is completely jobless, just excuses" isn't a coherent statement, either.
B) Why did you put the word in random parentheses?
You're*
Sometimes, but my parents always say that's what they're there for, plus I'm still a kid. However, I sometimes feel a little ashamed of being so dependent.
how are you not legally allowed to work?! i've had a job since the weekend i turned 14, and pay for EVERYTHING on my own. i bought my own car, im currently paying my way through college, i buy my own clothes, pay my own cell bill, when i took guitar lessons, i paid for them too, etc.

dont wanna be a burden? be more like me. my parents buy me food when im home, and christmas presents. thats about it
no.. If they'd spent on money on a jonny, they wouldnt have had me..

now they have to pay literally!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Under 16 in France, not allowed to work. And seeing as the regional centre is Switzerland, I would have to get a visa or summat.
Quote by gabcd86
Edit: I'm 15 btw - nowhere near university, and not legally allowed to get a job.
Dude I had a paper round from like 12/13 and ceased to receive any hand outs from my parents at that point.
I'm in my second year of college (High school for the americans I think)
I pay for what I can afford really, but if I really want or need something i'll ask my dad or my older brother to buy it on the condition I pay them back. I'm still paying back my parents for all lifes non essentials they've bought me (Drum kit, cymbals, guitars and amps etc...) because I feel guilty not doing it.

Guys that say "Get a job" and other dumb **** just miss the point completely. And the OP is 15, jeez.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Kind of. I'm 16 and I work for my dad (I clean his office and file charts and stuff). I get paid pretty well, but if someone else were to do it, he'd pay them more. I buy most of my own clothes, all of my guitars, and anything else that I want like a wii, video games, wakeboard. That kind of stuff. My parents pay for food, cell phone plan, car, car insurance, etc. And they'll pay for college too.

I do feel guilty about it, but not too badly because one day if I have a kid, I'll be there to provide for them.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
im 15 and ive been working since i was 13 ... ive managed to buy loads of good ****! just today i bought a fender american stratocaster '62 and a few months ago bought a marshall jcm900 combo
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
i don't know the economy is **** so I'm really thankful that I have a job, but I also took out a ton of student loans that my parents are helping me with. I live in a pretty expensive city and don't get paid much. I don't feel like I'm taking advantage of them because I never ask them for anything, they just surprise me sometimes. I've always tried to ask my parents for as little as possible.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Quote by Survivalism
A) Yeah, and "no ones town is completely jobless, just excuses" isn't a coherent statement, either.
B) Why did you put the word in random parentheses?

also, i think he just typoed "think I'll"
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
yes i do
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Psychologic
Get a job and pay for your own stuff. Living off of your parents funds won't really teach the values of money. I can know, I needed to get my own stuff since I turned 16, shoes, clothes, guitars, the whole thing. Get a job and you'll be happy to have earned some money with which you can pay for your own stuff. Feels much better than asking your parents for money.

indeed and you end up taking better care of it if it was expensive, like an amp.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
All the time. They pay for my car insurance (although I usually only drive when they need me to), they pay for me to go out to eat all the time with my friends, and I don't work. I do stuff around the house, but I feel like a leech. I always feel really bad about asking them for money, but I think I'm getting a full-time job this summer, which will be nice.
I pay for most of my own stuff but I've been picked to go on a school trip thing and it costs a fair bit of money so I feel bad for that. Things are tight atm too.
my 17th bday pressie was drivin lessons and now i feel reeli bad cos ive failed 3 tests and my instructor still wnts me 2 hav lessons.
Quote by Skrewdriver
I took a shit out my grandma's back garden and blamed it on the dog....

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Epic win for benjo48
Quote by brad_butcher

I think it's supposed to be think I'll.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by brad_butcher

My hometown had a population of 100 people. The closest thing we had to industry was a post office. We used to have a Cajun food restaurant but that didn't last very long... so no, some towns are jobless.

I feel bad because I currently don't have a job and my parents are paying to put my through community college. They're better off than most people (as in they own a boat with a freakin bedroom on it) but times are tough for everyone. TS, get you license and a car as soon as possible. I know the latter isn't easy but maybe your parents will loan you the money. In small towns its pretty much impossible to work without transportation.
Page 1 of 3