My granpa gave this guitar to me and my brother , the headstock says gibson but no serial number or anything.
He says he bought in the late 1930 i think around 38.
I took some pictures with my mobile crap camera but i hope someone can help me identify it.

Thanks !

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02814xl2.jpg

http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02811sz1.jpg

http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02818zw1.jpg
Looks like a Gibson L-00. Don't want to say much else though -- it would be worth taking to an expert.
get it restored and appraised. just out of curiosity. i want to know if you have anything neat
Yeah, that could be a seriously valuale instrument. Have someone who knows what they're talking about take a look at it.
Death to Ovation haters!
Oh how I love vintage instruments.

Cherish that piece dude. No matter how much it's worth, that instrument is a part of your family's history. I would keep it well protected in a locked display case. I really wish I came from a guitar playing family so my grandpa could pass down an awesome vintage guitar to me. Ok, he has his Yamaha FG-75, but that doesn't really count
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Im gonna take it to an expert : ) but i may try to change the strings today, just to try it out alittle.
Or is it a dumb ide? i mean the strings havent been changed in like 30 years
And no way im gonna sell it , i will be the perfect guitar practicing the delta blues on! : D
Have it checked out BEFORE you put new strings on it. Reason is if the guitar is at all dried out from lack of maintenance, humidity, then a new set of strings could spell disaster for your guitar. Let a pro look it over and make a decision as to weather it can take a new set or not, or what else may need to be done to it before you can.
yeah i came to that conclusion after lookning at it today.. Im gonna take it to a luthier when i get the time. But im very excited, hope it turns out well my granpa didint really play it that much, but he let some of his friends who played in bands use it.
Very cool.
Take somewere to have it appraised.
What are you using as an e string bridge pin??
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!
Yeah if everything works as planned im gonna take it next week.

Eeheh the bridge pin is my granpa´s construction, i think its from of his firewood : )

I wonder what the cost will be to have it fixed, i mean the tuners i think need to be replaced, and the bridge pins, strings, and alot more : )
But it will be worth it!! i cant wait to try it, nice little guitar compared to my martin dread, sometimes its just to big : D but great nontheless
if you find a factory order number on it: http://www.provide.net/~cfh/gibson.html#serial
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Feb 20, 2009,
About $3000, best I could tell from the pics and online guesstimates.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Take it to a luthier to see if you can get it "up and running"

restoring guitars takes a lot of work, but you have to realize you could have the potential of up to 10,000 bucks in your hands.. I wouldn't treat it like a toy or practice instrument...

Treat it how you would treat an expensive guitar you just bought at a music store yesterday for all the money you've been saving and working hard for just for that guitar...

LOVE IT!!!