I have a simil-strato guitar, S-S-S config.,but i m not complitely satisfacted by the pickups,so i m gonna change it.

I m looking for something to play mainly hard and glam rock,and a sound that could be something like Van Halen,quite riot,skid row,twisted sister andyouknowtheothers;if possible,some pickups that could be useful also for blues and jazz,and with a good versatility in general.

Possibly passive pu.

Any ideas?
U guys just propose....brand,model,and reason for choice
Quote by Twister886
I just wanted to post a picture... sorry man for ruining your thread.

XP np man
1.sell guitar on ebay to n00bz
2.buy a kramer
3.???
4.profit
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by Metalfan41
1.sell guitar on ebay to n00bz
2.buy a kramer
3.???
4.profit

You are a dumb head. Such an over used meme. Frig.

TS, uh, do you like KISS? That's glam metal!

And I know Ace Frehley uses DiMarzio Super Distortion humbuckers, but if you want that, you'd need to route for a humbucker.

Sorry lol, that's all I got.
What amp do you have?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
umm, you're the "dumb head" XxGibsonSGxX
the meme might be overused, but kramer is the official guitar of glam, learn your rock dude
you cant play glam with single coils a la guitar he has right now
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Last edited by Metalfan41 at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by Metalfan41
umm, you're the "dumb head"
the meme might be overused, but kramer is the official guitar of glam, learn your rock dude
you cant play glam with single coils a la guitar he has right now

Hush now, you're playing into a stupid overused meme. Can't take you seriously.

I never said Kramer wasn't the pinnacle "glam" guitar, by the way. Who even told you that to begin with? Rolling Stone?

I was merely remarking upon your stupidity of using that meme.

Hence, why I suggested the DiMarzio Super Distortion, which I am certain would work fine.

So, hush.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
put one of these in the bridge
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/stratocaster/cutting-edge/hot_rails_for_s/

keep the singles in the neck and middle for yer jazz and blues, no?

Mmmm, he could do that without routing, true, but it's rumoured to not be that great.

Of course, I have only heard sound clips, and am taking the the opinion of another prominently good guitarist, JLT73, who steered me from this pup when I asked if I should get it.

TS, why not drop JLT73 a message if you were thinking SD or DiMarzio. He might be able to help you! (Man, I recommend so many people ask him, he probably wonders why he gets pestered so much )
Check out my thread here. I've played hair metal as I call it quite often on my Strat like Motley Crue and Twisted Sister on my bridge pup.

Keep in mind that the guy from Iron Maiden uses duncan hot rails in his Strat (I think), and a bunch of those guys from the 80s like Judas Priest used DiMarzio Super Distortion humbucker in bridge.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1026493

Keep in mind I had to get a new pickguard for the humbucker I got, and I also had to cut the mounting screw for it as it was too long and it was also a pain in the a$$ to fit that darn spring on the pickup mountin screw, but the pickup sounds great.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Last edited by MustangSVT at Feb 18, 2009,
Oh hello there fellow YCV50 Blue owner!

Yeah, TS, there's another for the Super Distortion, and one for the Rails. The Rails wouldn't be too bad, but there are better options.

Oh, and Mustang, I think you're right about IM using Hot Rails. But, I think they also hay have switched to Super Distortion. I heard Adrian Smith did at least, and I believe Dave Murray's new Fender Strat signature model has a Super Distortion in it (Maybe two, actually).
seymour duncan little screamin demon, its a George lynch sig &
dokken fits your genres pretty well

Edit: to guy above me
Maiden use hot rails,
& the fender sig. is Hss, the jacson is too, i think the jacksons Got a super distortion, IDK about the fender though
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Last edited by ShredGod George at Feb 18, 2009,
Ah hey fellow Canuck.

You're probably right about Maiden, I haven't really kept up with the guitars lately.

As for the whole mini-humbucker (rails) vs full humbucker, not too sure. When I asked here, the people here recommended me I get the full humbucker rather than the mini one, and I wanted a different color pickguard anyway, so I just went with that.

It would seem a lot easier to drop one of those railed humbuckers in rather than the whole full humbucker & new pickguard thing.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by ShredGod George
seymour duncan little screamin demon, its a George lynch sig &
dokken fits your genres pretty well

Edit: to guy above me
Maiden use hot rails,
& the fender sig. is Hss, the jacson is too, i think the jacksons Got a super distortion, IDK about the fender though

Yeah I knew they used Rails at one point - maybe Murray still does. Adrian switched I think. But like, wouldn't Dave use the DiMarzio SD as well? I mean I know they don't always play the signature guitar made for them, but wouldn't it at least be quite close to his main axe? Oh and that Murray Fender signature is actually HSH.

SO CONFUSING. Oh well, not a big deal.
Well,i forgot to say that i play in a engl screamer combo.

So the two main options are super distortion and hotrails,not bad.

Any other brands?just to enlarge the view of the possibilities
If you don't wato change the pickguard or don't have routing for a humbucker stick a Dimarzio Super distortion S in the bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Don't go with the Hotrail. Its not bright enough in my opinion. I just put a Duncan Lil Screamin Demon in the bridge position of my Strat and it really does SCREAM! Hit the biggest chord you can think of and EVERY note will ring out crystal clear! No joke! I am extremely satisfied with it! Its perfect for 80s hard rock!
Quote by MetalUpYourRear
Don't go with the Hotrail. Its not bright enough in my opinion. I just put a Duncan Lil Screamin Demon in the bridge position of my Strat and it really does SCREAM! Hit the biggest chord you can think of and EVERY note will ring out crystal clear! No joke! I am extremely satisfied with it! Its perfect for 80s hard rock!

And between screamin demon and jb jr? that s the last doubt!