Hey, firstly I hope this is going in the right place if not sorry, But anyway I have a 1977 Wayne Jumbo Accustic & it is my favorite guitar ever! One problem, I was tuning it last night & as I got it just into standard tuning the Bridge "lifted" you know what I mean when the bridge gets pulled away from the body by the tension on the strings!

So anyway my question is what would be the best way to fix this? Is it as simple as lossening the stings right off & regluing the bridge with wood glue? any help would be muchly appericiated!

Edit: here's a pic just for the hell of it!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Last edited by gunners fan at Feb 18, 2009,
I think just loosing the strings and regluing it should do the trick. Make sure to clamp it though, and make sure you give it ample drying time.
Did the bridge seperate from the body at all? If not, it's normal. If it did just a little bit, it is prolly normal too, but fixing it yourself would prolly do more damage than good at this point.
Ya the same thing happened to me a little while back. We brought it to a guitar shop to get it repaired but all they did was glue and clamp it. **** happens lol it's nothing to worry about.
~ Requiem of Innocence ~
Dude, that pic doesn't show anything but a guitar. Nobody can see any detail of what the bridge is doing. That pic is useless unless you're intention is to just show it off or something.
Quote by Invader Jim
Did the bridge seperate from the body at all? If not, it's normal. If it did just a little bit, it is prolly normal too, but fixing it yourself would prolly do more damage than good at this point.

Seeming I'm not 100% on what your talking about & I cant be arsed to upload another pic I'll draw you what it looks like on paint!

Sorry bout the ****ty drawing but you get the idea!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Invader Jim
Dude, that pic doesn't show anything but a guitar. Nobody can see any detail of what the bridge is doing. That pic is useless unless you're intention is to just show it off or something.

I know I just posted it for the hell of it! I've got a drawing of what's going on under your last post!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Oh, sorry. Pics load slowly for me.

Yeah, tht could be a problem in the future.

Just de-string it, inject some glue under the bridge with a glue syringe, then either clamp it or put weights on it and leave it for 24 hours. A tech will charge you a hell of a lot of green for this...
Quote by Invader Jim
Oh, sorry. Pics load slowly for me.

Yeah, tht could be a problem in the future.

Just de-string it, inject some glue under the bridge with a glue syringe, then either clamp it or put weights on it and leave it for 24 hours. A tech will charge you a hell of a lot of green for this...

That's what I figured! Being unemployed & broke it seems like the only option! Thanks everyone for your help! I was 90% sure it only needed glueing but it holds a hell of alot of sentermentle value (It was left to me by my Grandfarther) & I've had it for 6 of its 32 years so I didn't want to do anything that might just make it worse! I'll do it on the weekend after band practise & let y'all know how it goes!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Invader Jim's right. I had to have that done on my Sigma 12 string. I took it in because I had the ENTIRE bridge redone and the body crack reglued (the usually crack in the front bottom) and it cost me around $200... that's more than I paid for it! I fixed the bridge on my Hondo multiple times, though. Finally found the right glue for it about 4 months before the neck broke a 2nd time.

anyway: stewmac.com has everything you need.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.