I know what you're thinking: "Read the relicing thread!". I did. I've done some relic work before. This just seems a little different to me.

I want to relic my strat like the brown strat here

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ujWj4QJYo5I/SKtANbFluvI/AAAAAAAANmw/h5lL6CTky1I/s1600/14.jpg

But I can't figure out how I would go about doing it. It doesn't look sanded down, it's too chippy to be worn down from paint thinners or chemicals, and it's definitely not played down. So how would I do this?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Last edited by VoodooCow229 at Feb 18, 2009,
It works when I click on it. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. I'll try putting it up again.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by TimboSlice
404'd!!

??
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

I know a way. My old guitar got a good going over and has a nice "chipped look". I left it at my friends place after a night of drinks and playin. I went to get my guitar the next day to find out the prick of a dog used it as a chew toy.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
I was thinking something a little more controllable...
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

ive always wanted to try a heat gun to make the paint peel and chip a tiny bit,

now for the buckle rash on the back of the guitar you make want to use some incredibly course sandpaper, then smooth it out a little with some less course paper and apply something to darken the wood to make it look aged.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Once I sand away the clear coat what can I do?
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Yeah pic doesn't work.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."