So I just played at an uplugged event thing, Guess what the drummer of my band was playing guitar with the bassist of my band (some dude asked the drummer to play) and he asked the bassist to play and not me aswell as the bassist (This is fine with me), but after they finished their set some dude came up and offered them a gig, so I spoke to them outside and the bassist said all three of us can play at the gig but the drummer said "No, the guy just wanted us two to play"(bassist and drummer). So I'm considering to either to quit the band or just start a new band with the bassist. Also the drummer is extremely over-confident.
i say consult the bass player and see what he thinks
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Ya, if you're getting left out of the band there is no point in being in it.
Dont sig me, bro!

Quote by Unourrit01
i love you.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lulstack?
well, i would leave the band. the drummer sounds like a douche, so hes out. if the bass wants to go with him, let him leave, bass players r easy to replace and arent entirely necessary (tho it depends on wat genre u dwell in). i agree with HarrisonB.
Umm, can I just get the facts straight?

You guys played at an unplugged open mic thing.

You played with your band, the drummer on drums, bassist doing his thing.

Afterwards, your drummer and bassist played a SEPARATE thing, the drummer supporting the bassist on guitar.

Afterwards a guy came up to the drummer and the bassist and offered them a gig.

And you wanted in right?

Well, on a moral bandmate level, they should let you join, perhaps two acoustic guitars. On a different level the guy would have seen you play before and didn't approach after yours (if I've got my facts straight), so he mayn't have been there at the time, may have waited until the end of the show, or didn't like the sound that you three were making.

If they were offered a gig after the show, they should have said "cool, our other bandmate is here so when we play we'll have a much fuller sound!", or something to that effect.

So note to all, when offered a gig playing apart from your band/s, always plug your band/s.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
^Some guy asked our drummer to play a song on guitar (the guy said he was good on guitar) and then drummer Who will be playing guitar asked our bassist to play with him and he didn't ask me (I'm fine with that). I was playing an instrum,ental on my own. But after they finish their set the dude comes up to them and said would you like to play a gig for us (talking to drummer and bassist). They said yes, so then I speak to them and the bassist said Jak(me) can play with us aswell and then the drummer says "the dude wanted us two to play (pointing towards himself and the bassist)" Then he said to me and the bassist "well if we practice more we will able to get more gigs" I said to him "but you never turn up the bloody practices" and then walked out.
simple: tell the bassist and the drummer that if they want to do this gig on their own, they should start another band on the side. at least if they do these gigs under a different name, there'll be less of a likelihood of you having to leave your own band somewhere down the line if the drummer really starts to ruin things in the future.
Quote by Led Zeppelin45
^Some guy asked our drummer to play a song on guitar (the guy said he was good on guitar) and then drummer Who will be playing guitar asked our bassist to play with him and he didn't ask me (I'm fine with that). I was playing an instrum,ental on my own. But after they finish their set the dude comes up to them and said would you like to play a gig for us (talking to drummer and bassist). They said yes, so then I speak to them and the bassist said Jak(me) can play with us aswell and then the drummer says "the dude wanted us two to play (pointing towards himself and the bassist)" Then he said to me and the bassist "well if we practice more we will able to get more gigs" I said to him "but you never turn up the bloody practices" and then walked out.

So basicaly, it was OK for them to do their own performance at this gig because you were doing the same, but it's not OK for them to do it again unless you're involved?

C'mon dude, look at how that looks from an outsider's perspective. They did a performance good enough to get them a booking, you tried to muscle in on that booking which failed and now you're gonna throw your teddy in the corner and leave the band over this?

What if someone on the day offered you a solo gig and insisted that it was a solo gig. Would you expect the rest of the band to get all pissy with you or would you like to think that they'd at least be happy for you and wish you well with the gig, or maybe even turn up to the gig to give you moral support?

These people are supposed to be your friends, they've found themselves being offered a gig and they want to do it, so why would you make things difficult for your friends? Does them doing the gig harm you in any way?
No it doesn't.
Would them doing this gig be harmful to the band?
No it wouldn't, infact it may even help to promote the band because anything that helps the reputation of individual band members relects upon the reputation of the band.

Why be so selfish? Why make such a fuss over this?
Why can't you just be happy for them?
^why can't I be happy for them? I'm happy for the bassist not the drummer because he has massive ego.
It sounds to me like you dislike the drummer quite a bit
Have you ever considered TALKING to him about his ego?
Sounds like you're being pissy. They got another gig, you didn't. Get over it.
Quote by Led Zeppelin45
^why can't I be happy for them? I'm happy for the bassist not the drummer because he has massive ego.

Of course, you realise how fu*ked up that sounds?

OK so it's not because you felt that the band camaraderie has been damaged, it's not even because you're jealous, it's just because you personaly hate the drummer, who the bassist obviously has no problem with.

You know what you should do? Seriously? You know how you were thinking about quitting the band?
Do it, the guys would be much better off without someone like you in the band so it'd be the only decent thing to do.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Feb 20, 2009,