If ypur listening to a song there's always something that pops into your mind, and everytime you hear that song, you think of that same object?

For example, I always think of colors; I don't know why.

When I listen to Pantera, I think of black and orange. When I listen to Avenged Sevenfold I think of blue and black and white. I have no idea, but I can't control it.

Anyone else do this while listening to music? It doesn't have to be specifically colors.

Maybe I'm just weird (I am)

EDIT: inb4 everyone in this thread saying nothing but "no" in there post
Yes, yes, me! I thought I was unique.

Listen to Assassin by Muse. It's blue. Comfortably Numb is magenta, stairway is gold, Reptilia by the Strokes is Teal Green, and many others.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
key signatures are asociated with colors so maybee thats what you are doing
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
I get what you mean man,
when i listen to zeppelin, i get a different feeling for each album, i cant really describe it though
it's natural for the brain to connect things to shapes, colorsm places and what not, happens with numbers and um....lots of other daily stuff...
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
That's probably one of the most insightful things I've ever read in the Pit.
Grats, TS

Bastard Chain UG profile - Here
I smell strawberry-weed whenever I listen to the song Subdivisions by Rush. When I first heard that song I was in my buddy's car, which he smokes pot in and tries to cover it up with strawberry scent lol
When I listen to satriani - ten words, I always imagine soaring through space at the speed of light. lol
YES.

Perhaps album artwork affects this as well? That's the case for me, anyway.
yup ur not alone lol
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-

When I listen to Pantera, I think of black and orange.

My guess is that this is because the cover of their best of is black with orange writing

For me, songs usually bring back memories
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by WyvernOmega
Yes, yes, me! I thought I was unique.

Listen to Assassin by Muse. It's blue. Comfortably Numb is magenta, stairway is gold, Reptilia by the Strokes is Teal Green, and many others.

I think of those colors on those songs too!

I don't have the colors thing, but I get emotions from music, kind've like deja vu.
Rust in Peace by Megadeth it definately yellowish limit of green. Radioactive. So fast. But that must be because of the album artwork. But still it fits! And The Black Dahlia Murder:

Unhallowed = Greyish
Miasma = all kinds of colors mixed together.
Nocturnal = Black / blue (yeah like the cover)
Epiphone Vintage G-400 (put to rest for a while)
Jackson DKMGT (BLACK Mat finish)
Digitech Metalmaster
Peavey Bandit 112
Sometimes when I listen to song, I suddenly think of the moment and place when i first heard the song. Sometimes even the smell and/or feeling at the moment comes to mind. Sometimes I also see colors, but not often.
████████
████████
████████
Synesthesia.

I wish I had it, it sounds like fun. One thing I do do when listening to music is when it's on shuffle and the song finishes, I start playing the next song on the album in my head.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Often when I hear a certain song I think of a game I used to play a lot while listening to that song. Brings back goom memories.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
If I hear a song from a specific album, I always see the album cover in my head...
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Not neccesarily colours, but i always associate songs with people, just even if they mention the title once, whenever i hear the song, i always think about the associated person
odd.
Anyone care to conduct a study if certain notes in music or artwork associated with the song trggers a color in the brain?
Congratulations, TS! You have synesthesia!

I'm seriously congratulating you. It's an awesome thing to have.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
Quote by soundgarden1986
When listening to Tool: Black, then white. Red and yellow then came to be though.

I noticed actually black and yellow and a little bit of blue; but only on 46-2 for the bass intro

Also, A Perfect Circle is red and yellow and black...

<.<

>.>

Like their album cover
with some songs on led zep 2 I always associate with an image from an awesome book.. its pretty cool

I also like how you see or hear something you automatically think of a song..

like the other day my class was shown the night nurse box, and we all unison sang "night nuuuuurse".. obviously thats through advertising but i think its cool

but to answer question.. I dont think of colours.. I usually think of the guys face, or the album art.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

it's called synesthesia.

I have a pretty bad (by which i mean good) case of it.

I see more than just colors. I can see the music when I close my eyes.

it makes drugs more fun.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Feb 18, 2009,
Yes, probably because I make subconcious links to things every time I listen to a new song.
Off the top of my head, Blinded By Fear-At The Gates reminds me of the white pick I use for shredding, The Groan of Wind-Kalmah reminds me of a broken set of headphones, and Fran Stormens Öga - Thyrfing reminds me of exams.
Quote by Jonn0
One thing I do do when listening to music is when it's on shuffle and the song finishes, I start playing the next song on the album in my head.

Also this.

EDIT0009: This must be awesome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexical-gustatory_synesthesia
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by Freezer Burn
Often when I hear a certain song I think of a game I used to play a lot while listening to that song. Brings back goom memories.

I have this but kind of the other way round...

Not so much the goom memories, but i always think of the album i was listening to when i played the game for the first time.
Quote by entity0009
Yes, probably because I make subconcious links to things every time I listen to a new song.
Off the top of my head, Blinded By Fear-At The Gates reminds me of the white pick I use for shredding, The Groan of Wind-Kalmah reminds me of a broken set of headphones, and Fran Stormens Öga - Thyrfing reminds me of exams.

Also this.

EDIT0009: This must be awesome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexical-gustatory_synesthesia

Quote by Wikipedia
Lexical → gustatory synesthesia is one of the rarer forms of synesthesia, in which spoken or written words evoke vivid sensations of taste, sometimes including temperature and texture (e.g., for lexical-gustatory synesthete JIW, 'jail' tastes of cold, hard bacon).

Jail has no taste for me, but it is definitely a purple and yellow word.
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I tend to relate songs to people I know the most. Colours has been another thing too though
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by iantheman

Jail has no taste for me, but it is definitely a purple and yellow word.

Seriously, imagine it: "Today I went to the park to walk the dog" turns into "Mustard Mold bread cinnamon cabbage soap cinnamon fish rubber cabbage sh*t"
🙈 🙉 🙊
I think a lot of times it's to do with album art work. For example, when I listen to 'An Answer Can Be Found' by cKy, I always see blue, which is the main colour scheme of the artwork. However, sometimes it's just completely random and I see random coloured shapes in my head. Music is such a beautiful thing...
Quote by entity0009
Seriously, imagine it: "Today I went to the park to walk the dog" turns into "Mustard Mold bread cinnamon cabbage soap cinnamon fish rubber cabbage sh*t"

Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne