I recently got 2 new fuzzes: A Belcat R Fuzz and an Artec 70's Drive/Fuzz Blender.

Clips once I get done uploading.
Build construction is actually pretty freaking good in my opinion. Solid die-cast housing, true bypass, solid jacks, solid switch. Sounds awesome.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/imgooley/music/all/play547767

Alright, I demoed the three fuzzes I have. The first is the big muff, the second is the Artec, the third is the R-Fuzz.

Using the clean channel on my V33H, all controls on the pedals set to noon.
I owned a Belcat distortion pedal in a past life. To put it kindly, it was a turd.

The fuzz sounds pretty good though, but neither are as good as the Big Muff.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I love the sound of the Artec. I almost like it better than the Muff. Almost though
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
^TBH, I like the tone of the belcat better than the Muff.

Tones of low end and a huge midrange.
I don't know, I just really like that raunchy feel of that Artec. The Belcat is too..... smooth

It kinda reminds me of the Frantone Creampuff; the smoothness of the R-Fuzz. The Artec reminds me of the Metasonix Agonizer/Butt Probe...

Just really raunchy and in-your-face.

EDIT: And yeah, upon further listening I like the R-Fuzz better than the Muff, and the Artec just a little more than the Belcat
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by stratman_13
I don't know, I just really like that raunchy feel of that Artec. The Belcat is too..... smooth

It kinda reminds me of the Frantone Creampuff; the smoothness of the R-Fuzz. The Artec reminds me of the Metasonix Agonizer/Butt Probe...

Just really raunchy and in-your-face.

EDIT: And yeah, upon further listening I like the R-Fuzz better than the Muff, and the Artec just a little more than the Belcat

Ah, the last post was directed at Shadow, as well.

And yeah, the Artec can get really in your face and nasty. It kinda sounds like a rat with a bit more fuzziness to it.

These were all set to noon on all controls, but all of these are very versitile pedals. I can go from Acid King to Hound Dog Taylor on both of the new ones I just got, but I can't on the muff.
I just love the Muff sound. It isn't really a true fuzz; to me it sounds like fuzz with a generous helping of pure distortion mixed in, particularly the Big Muff Pi. But you've got a USA model, so that's probably why it seems a little more plasticky than the Soviet version.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I just love the Muff sound. It isn't really a true fuzz; to me it sounds like fuzz with a generous helping of pure distortion mixed in, particularly the Big Muff Pi. But you've got a USA model, so that's probably why it seems a little more plasticky than the Soviet version.

Well, I have to disagree with you on the 'plasticy' sound of the USA vs. Soviet muff. I played them side by side when I was trying to decide which one to get, and the USA BM had a bit more edge to it with a bigger bottom. The Soviet muff had a flatter sound that didn't match my amp at the time.

Matching fuzz>amp is difficult and an important part of getting fuzzes, especially expensive ones.
give!

when are you gonna buy one of mine
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by imgooley
Well, I have to disagree with you on the 'plasticy' sound of the USA vs. Soviet muff. I played them side by side when I was trying to decide which one to get, and the USA BM had a bit more edge to it with a bigger bottom. The Soviet muff had a flatter sound that didn't match my amp at the time.

Matching fuzz>amp is difficult and an important part of getting fuzzes, especially expensive ones.

Probably. I have a feeling that the stock Sovtek version is a bit more forgiving to crap amps (like my Cube) than the USA version, but when you play them in an amp with a good clean channel, the US version is probably better. I only played mine in a decent amp after the mod, though, so I'm not sure.
Quote by Cathbard
*cringes* i must not like fuzz
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
*cringes* i must not like fuzz

Are you saying you don't like fuzz, or that you don't want to like fuzz?

Quote by Bostonrocks
give!

when are you gonna buy one of mine

These were spur of the moment GAS induced frenzies
are they good?? how much?
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I think I still like the Big Muff the most.

Have you checked out the Fix'd Fuzz goolz?
Never tried the Fix'd Fuzz, never heard of it either.

Quote by Bostonrocks
are they good?? how much?

Payed 30 for one and 40 for the other.
good deal it sounds like, what are they like? sounds kinda Muffish
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^The Belcat is kinda a cross between a Tonebender and a Muff (but not really) and the Artec is almost a straight Tonebender clone with a kinda rangemaster type fell to it.

In fact it's almost more like a Rangemaster than a Tonebender.
Interesting
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Yes I did.

Cheap pedals FTW.
I haven't listened yet, but I'm posting here to remind myself to.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
New fuzz clip.

With the Artcore and teh slide

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/imgooley/music/all/play549485

It's the Artec Fuzz Blender+A quart of beer
Quote by imgooley

These were spur of the moment GAS induced frenzies

I can soooo relate to this statement. Very good clips goolz, you're reaping a lot of tone out of that rig!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
I can soooo relate to this statement. Very good clips goolz, you're raping a lot of tone out of that rig!

Why, thank you.

I'm surprised at how satisfying the Crate is I mean, sometimes I get amp GAS, but that's because I'm a pack rat

But it really can lay down the toanz.

GAS is a mofo, as you will see next week
Quote by imgooley

GAS is a mofo, as you will see next week

Check your PM's.
Replied
Try that again. dunno what happened.
Replied again?