What are some colleges/universities/institutions that offer Music Production (or a similiar name like Music Engineering) as either a major or minor? Besides the obvious Berklee and MI. I've been looking around, and I can't really find many. Preferably a university, as I think that I'd want to major in something non-music related as well.
Also, if you know of any place that offer Film Scoring, that would be cool, too.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
Ithaca college or Cornell university in NY
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Indiana: http://www.music.indiana.edu/academics/study/recordingarts.shtml

Well, ok, it's called Recording Arts, but I think it's what you're after.

I think that Full Sail also has a recording program of some type.

There are more, obviously, but those are the two off the top of my head that I know.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Here at Concordia (Montreal) we have an electroacoustics program. They like to focus in on cool electronic sound-art stuff but there's a lot of work with recording / mixing / production and all that.
Be advised that if you are looking for a career in this sort of thing, you are in for a very tough road.

With studios closing down all the time, there is a glut of recording engineers out there with good experience who are jobless or who have opened up their own home/project studios. The odds of getting a recording engineer job in a pro studio are slim to none these days.

If that is still your ambition, your best bet is to go to one and volunteer to be an intern. For the first while, you'll do things like vacuuming, getting coffee, doing corner-store runs, etc. If they decide they like you, they'll let you hook up mic cables and stuff, and you work your way up from there.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
if you dont mind moving to canada, MetalWorks in Mississauga has the college as part of the studio, and if you are in the top however many percent in your class, you can get a job on site!
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Quote by hothead69999
What are some colleges/universities/institutions that offer Music Production (or a similiar name like Music Engineering) as either a major or minor? Besides the obvious Berklee and MI. I've been looking around, and I can't really find many. Preferably a university, as I think that I'd want to major in something non-music related as well.
Also, if you know of any place that offer Film Scoring, that would be cool, too.

Thanks in advance.

How about Ohio University, being that you live in Ohio and all...
Quote by Andrew07
How about Ohio University, being that you live in Ohio and all...

Do they have something dealing with music production? I didn't see anything on their site.
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
Quote by Ribcage
if you dont mind moving to canada, MetalWorks in Mississauga has the college as part of the studio, and if you are in the top however many percent in your class, you can get a job on site!

They have six studios on site, and a staff of 15 already. What do you figure the odds really are of getting a job there?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by hothead69999
Do they have something dealing with music production? I didn't see anything on their site.

Yeah look under the college of communications > audio engineering > music production
I'm at Columbia college in chicago, which is the largest liberal arts college in the country, in the Audio engineering program. So far so good, you should check it out.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.