hey id like to record myself and upload an Mp3 onto here but how and with what do i record with?
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
Try Audacity, record yourself download the LAME thing thing in order to export it to MP3.

EDIT: The add-on that will let you export is called LAME.
A decent set up can cost a great deal of cash.

alternatively audacity and crappy computer mic
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Do you have a budget?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
yea i dont need it to have brilliant sound quality but is it possible if i dont do it with a mic at all?
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
get yourself a line 6 toneport, the cheapest one is peanuts and the gearbox software sounds pretty good if you sit and tweak.

one of these? They have a built in mic
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by thisismyacc
yea i dont need it to have brilliant sound quality but is it possible if i dont do it with a mic at all?

ya just plug your guitar into the line in on your computer sound card then use audacity to record it
I have a GNX4 and run it through Pro Tracks...absolutely love it. But that's if you don't have a budget at the moment.

If you're just messing around Audacity could work I think.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Quote by thisismyacc

LMFAO. wait wut?

I mean it's possible.... but normally the first word/thing i think of when i hear recording is microphone.

You could buy this thing that lets you plug your guitar into it (line 6 POD or something...etc.) and then connects it to the comp.
i have a 1/4 to 1/8 jack converter that i plug my guitar in and then into the computer as a line in device and record using audacity i got the converter with a pair of fender headphones
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by wiggy1988

one of these? They have a built in mic

do want
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by freedoms_stain
The Line in might be a better option though.

It has a line in as well. Pretty good piece of kit for portable recordings
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Asking in the recording forum might be a good idea... maybe...
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?