I want a typical 'metal' harmony, how do i do it? I can cope with theory.
I have a GP file, but it won't let me upload, I can send it to people who can help.
For a 'basic' metal harmony, I say to go with thirds. Make the first guitar play the root note and the second to play the thirds. If you know what key you're playing in, it should be easy to determine wether the third should be minor or major.
I do not believe in sigs.
^ thats good too but usually more for the lower strings if you want it onthe higher strings have one guitar play the root and the second play the 5 NOT THE POWER CHORD the 5 is also the note directly below the root so say 5th fret 1st string, the 5 is 5th fret 2nd string
Quote by DKMfreak410
^ thats good too but usually more for the lower strings if you want it onthe higher strings have one guitar play the root and the second play the 5 NOT THE POWER CHORD the 5 is also the note directly below the root so say 5th fret 1st string, the 5 is 5th fret 2nd string

no, the fifth would be what the power chord would be, directly under is a major third.

I like to harmonize using the raltive majors/minors. if its in the key of G major your harmony will be in the key of E minor
Yeah mess around with 3rd's and 6th's as well.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Personally, if I'm harmonising 2 guitars, I'll go with 3rds (minor or major), if I'm harmonising 3, I'll go with root, 3rds(minor or major), and perfect 4ths. Sounds weird in theory, but it sounds good.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
if its like power metal thirds usually, sixths usually add some colour to the chord.
for me though? tritone for that really creepy stuff, esp if you can get a sheppards tone going.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.