I have a cry baby 535Q and when i use it i get pretty bad feedback when i give it much volume im not using a guitar im using an accordion the only way i dont get feedback is if im a few feet behind the amp with the bass turned all the way up and a couch between it and me im gonna be playing in a battle of the bands in a coupple months and the couch wont really be an option
How do you amplify your accordion?

I don't really know much about them so is it a microphone or some sort of pickup or what?
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
there is a small mic inside the accordion which connects to a regular jack like a guitar
Feedback can be a huge problem when it comes to acoustic instruments. Many a time have I been deafened by the screams of an electro-acoustic guitar with no soundhole cover. (ouch)

Its hard to diagnose the problem and think of the solution without actually being there to try stuff out.

What's the feedback like? Is it constant or when you stop playing or what?

Have you tried plugging into anything other than a guitar amp? PA desk etc.?
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Don't use the wah? Try to get an acoustic amp, they are designed not to feedback at high volumes with acoustic instruments.

That being said, an accordion is a fairly treble heavy instrument, right? (seriously, I dunno, I'm just guessing) and when you put the wah toe down it's increasing treble. Thats the nature of the beast, lots of treble + acoustic instrument + lots of volume = feedback.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Feb 18, 2009,
i no the wah just controlls bass and treble, but when i turn the bass up on the amp it cuts down on the feedback some it really only gets bad when i have the toe pressed down im pretty sure it is an accoudtic amp i got it from my accordion teacher

and its 100 watt
Yeah good point kevin.

Its probly the fact that the mic is designed to pic up highs and when you boost the highs so much the mic picks it up and thats where the cycle starts and the feedback is created.

You need to speak to a sound engineer or someone that knows something about accordions.

I don't know where you're based but theres an accordion shop in Kilburn in London. Even if you're from abroad I guess you could ring then and the guy who works there would be able to advise you.
well i live in New hampshire (US) the feedback is different all the time sometimes theres no feedback and it just sounds really ****ty but most of the time its just constant

the feedback i was getting recently was mostly from the bass side (the side with the buttons) because i had the bass on the amp turned all the way up and i managed to get rid of almost all of the feedback by playing with bass and treble... but only at about 1/4 volume