Page 1 of 2
Miine will have to be either Chris Brown, Rihanna, or Ne-Yo.But... I'll go with Ne Yo.
If Citizen Cope counts, then that. But if not, I'd pick Atmosphere.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I HATE RAP!!! aqwefkljhasdfbasdofbpagsdahsvidfyaspbdfyhasdpfbvyasdfbopyuweiprqweroiqwerouipqweruiopqweruiopwerquopiqwerpoopoopoopoopoopoo
i'm old-school... i'll always be partial to anybody who was in NWA, mainly Dre, ice cube, eazy e, mc ren and snoop dogg (who was only with them for a few tracks). i used to be into eminem, but now the fad has passed and i just see him as a talented MC with an amazing producer.
Quote by Twister886
Miine will have to be either Chris Brown, Rihanna, or Ne-Yo.But... I'll go with Ne Yo.

Are any of those three even rap artists? I'd call them hip-hop (or hip-POP) or R&B.
also, the title of the thread should be "WHO is your favourite rap artist?" to be grammatically correct.

Now that I've gotten past your stupidity, I'll say that the first and only rapper I have ever liked was 2pac.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
foriegn exchange, little brother, a tribe called quest, pete rock & cl smooth, j dilla (more of a producer), common, nas, kanye, ghostface killah, statik selektah (producer)....theres more but i forgot
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
The rap group that got me into rap was Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli). There up in my top three, but my favourite has to be Nas, if only for "Illmatic" by itself

The Pharcyde are up there too.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
A Tribe Called Quest.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
It depends on my mood, but tied for first place- Slug(from Atmosphere), K'Naan, Lupe Fiasco

then I like NoNeedz, Brother Ali, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, old Kanye West, old Nas, old Jay-Z, Buju Banton(dancehall is very similar to rap), Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, also Citizen Cope & G. Love(though not rap, but definitly heavily hip-hop influenced)
Royce Da 5'9" is a damn good rapper. I also really like eLZhi (look him up) and Cormega. I go more for skill and lyricism than catchphrases and dancing.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Big L, the greatest
Ibanez FR Prestige (BKP'd out)
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
If i had to pick just one, i think i'd go for Organized Konfusion.

Quote by therussian
The rap group that got me into rap was Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli). There up in my top three, but my favourite has to be Nas, if only for "Illmatic" by itself

The Pharcyde are up there too.

These are all favorites of mine too. The Pharcyde are so much fun and Thieves in the night by Black Star has some of my favorite lyrics ever.
Organized Konfusion are in my top five
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
Wu-tang Clan
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by Gris-Gris-Man
DJ Shadow or Pete Rock

but Flying Lotus is moving up on my list.

good call, Flying Lotus is dope ****.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Aesop Rock. Hands down.
Member #23 of the Opeth Fan Club

God is dead.
Quote by aetherspear
good call, Flying Lotus is dope ****.

hell yea man, hes got some of the trippiest hip hop ive ever heard. as a guitar player i still like to find inspiration in other genres besides the acclaimed "Guitar genres". Flying Lotus has a great influence on me.
'Music is the best"
Zappa
my fav rapers are 50 cent and lil wayne. kanye west is goood also check him if u havnt heard before
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
lol the only difference between mexican and american strats are that mexican strats are made by mexicans in mexico, and american strats are made by mexicans in america...
AZ hands down.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Kanye West is probably the only rapper who I like just as much as a rock artist.
Actually, include Jay-z in there too.
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
Quote by fanboy
my fav rapers are 50 cent and lil wayne. kanye west is goood also check him if u havnt heard before
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Are we talking Hip-Hop here or just rappers? In any case;

DJ Shadow,
Saul Williams,
Flying Lotus,
Public Enemy,
Wu-Tang,
Dälek,
Outkast,
RJD2
Chuck D!!!!! he's a ****ing wizard with words. Public Enemy is by far my favorite rap group.

i like NWA too, Ice Cubes solo stuff is great and Snoop and Dre were pretty good. Big Daddy Kane has some sick beats, i like rap that has good lyrics and good beats, i like immortal techniques lyrics but i think his beats are lacking at best, the best beats are probably on Fear of a Black Planet by Public enemy
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
vanilla ice or dee dee king. if you dont like it **** you rap sucks anyways, at least these guys add some fun and retardation to it.(ps i know theyy both suck hard, but its so hilariously bad
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
vanilla ice or dee dee king. if you dont like it **** you rap sucks anyways, at least these guys add some fun and retardation to it.(ps i know theyy both suck hard, but its so hilariously bad

NWA.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by jamieson03
kanye west...he writes profound lyrics. i don't care if he has an attitude problem, i still think he's brilliant.

Are you kidding me? I could probably write more "profound" lyrics than Kanye
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by therussian
Are you kidding me? I could probably write more "profound" lyrics than Kanye

+1

If your into good lyrics, Kanye is not even close to some of the best lyricists...
Wu! Tang! Wu! Tang!

and GZA for Liquid Swords.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
HANDS DOWN LUPE FIASCO HE IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED AND INOVATIVE ARTIST OF OUR TIME. imho
If i say im lying am i telling the truth?
Shawn Lane Rest In Peace!
Rip Dimbag
and sadly Rip Roger "Syd" Barrett gone but not forgotten
and more so recently Brad Delp
Quote by last_biscuit
A dyslexic man walks into a bra
Page 1 of 2