I just got asked to join a punk band, we play other stuff too but alot of punk rock. The other guitarist needs a new amp, what amp should he get. All tube and at least 25watts and as cheap as possible. He is willing to look used but would like to know what amps to keep an eye out for.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Budget? Location?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Vypyr's don't fit the "All Tube and at least 25 watts" parameters..

EDIT: I forgot to add my two cents in, B-52 AT-112 is worth a look, I think it's $360 new.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Last edited by ShrimpthePimp at Feb 18, 2009,
Yeah, take a look at B-52 and Peavey Valvekings. Both good amps for punk.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I can actually recommend the Valveking totally stock for punk as you don't necessarily need gain clarity for that genre.

Also look into the Peavey Classic 30 or 50.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Classic 30 + OD = Punk rock
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
What style punk? Like classic Ramones or the newer stuff?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Palomino V32.

Also: For punk, anything works, really.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Classic 30 + OD = Punk rock

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This!!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
pretty much anything works for punk, srsly. my squire 10 watt did punk, my randall 20 watt did punk, my metalzone into a 10-band EQ into a 70 watt power amp did punk...... and my palomino v3212 does more of classic cocksparrer/sex pistols type punk, but my DS-1 helps it out, and i get a good GBH streetpunk tone.
Quote by imgooley
Palomino V32.

Also: For punk, anything with distortion works, really.

Minor fixage. You wouldn't play punk with a Twin Reverb, would you?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Minor fixage. You wouldn't play punk with a Twin Reverb, would you?

And a muff, or a DS-1, yes, I would.
Without assistance.
Quote by Cathbard
Ok thanks for the tips, yea pretty much anything can do punk I guess, my Palo v50 pulled off a nice punk tone today.

EDIT: Mostly like a Blink 182 tone is what he is searching for.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Last edited by lbj273 at Feb 18, 2009,