i want to use a guitar wah instead of having to purchase a bass wah, would it be fine? or will it damage my equipment
Quote by GHTransfer
Most likely blow it unless you stick to the range of a guitar.

It wont blow, but guitar wahs can't handle the frequency range of basses, you can fix it by replacing some circuitry, but otherwise it just wont work.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by culkid
i want to use a guitar wah instead of having to purchase a bass wah, would it be fine? or will it damage my equipment

You can do it, but you won't get a very good wah unless you're playing very high notes.
If you really want wah, just get a bass wah.
Quote by rockonth
Why don't they just send 4chan to Iraq if they're so good at these so called "raids"?

Quote by entity0009
I once got hit by a flying wig. Either it was a wig or someone was headbanging far too hard.
one more question. im g oing to buy a bass just to mess around with and im going to get a squier, should i go for a p or j bass and why?
nah i've done it so many times, but it doesn't really sound good at all it's best to buy one thats made to sound good on bass because most guitar ones will sound like ****.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
I play an original Vox Wah, (thats what the box said)

sounds really good to me.

not very useful, unless there is some solo time.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by culkid
one more question. im g oing to buy a bass just to mess around with and im going to get a squier, should i go for a p or j bass and why?

What type of music do you play? Bands?

Also, do you have a bass amp? You can't use a guitar amp.

As for the initial question, If you need something for both check out the Ibanez Weeping Demon. IIRC it has settings for both bass and guitar...plus it looks awesome.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
What type of music do you play? Bands?

Also, do you have a bass amp? You can't use a guitar amp.

As for the initial question, If you need something for both check out the Ibanez Weeping Demon. IIRC it has settings for both bass and guitar...plus it looks awesome.

mainly classic rock like hendrix, the who, zeppelin etc

and yea i know you cant use a guitar amp :PP
Quote by culkid
mainly classic rock like hendrix, the who, zeppelin etc

I'd go for the J Bass
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Well, both a P and a J would work for that...hmm. Do you like big necks or thin ones? A P bass will have a nice chunky neck, while a J bass will have a slimmer one.

As far as tone, P basses have a nice thumpy tone to them that cuts through well, like you hear in most punk songs. Jazzes have more of a deep tone to them, and more pronounced highs.

Both of them have a rep for being able to do any style, but in different ways. A P bass has one basic tone that can be applied to just about any situation. (this isn't to say it's a one trick pony!) A Jazz, on the other hand, has a knack for changing its tone to suit.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by Mutant Corn
Well, both a P and a J would work for that...hmm. Do you like big necks or thin ones? A P bass will have a nice chunky neck, while a J bass will have a slimmer one.

As far as tone, P basses have a nice thumpy tone to them that cuts through well, like you hear in most punk songs. Jazzes have more of a deep tone to them, and more pronounced highs.

Both of them have a rep for being able to do any style, but in different ways. A P bass has one basic tone that can be applied to just about any situation. (this isn't to say it's a one trick pony!) A Jazz, on the other hand, has a knack for changing its tone to suit.

jazz sounds like my thing.
Alrighty then

I'd look up some sound clips of each just to make sure though.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn

You have a way with words, Corn.
Quote by cjlane
You have a way with words, Corn.

Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 20, 2009,