Alright so i have a question about tuning my guitar down.. I want to put my Schecter omen 6 into D standard and Drop C.. Right now i use DR mediums and theirs to much slack.. Can someone give me the gauges that I should use to put my guitar in D standard and Drop C.. WITHOUT HAVING TO GET ANY ADJUSTMENTS to my bridge trus rod etc.. and if you can give me a DR brand of strings or w/e the gauge will do thanks guys
Last edited by salbarbz20 at Feb 18, 2009,
i use D standard and use ernie ball beefy 11-54 but 10-52 will also suffice

edit: ill specify my ibanez s and ltd M200 use 11-54 and my rg321 uses 10-52
Last edited by Guitar Skater at Feb 18, 2009,
Whenever you switch gauges you're going to have to make some sort of adjustment to keep the guitar's intonation.
I use Dimebag DR's and they're only 10's (.010-.049). And that gets into Drop C fine.

Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
i use 11-52s on my epiphone les paul. it used to have 9s on it and i didnt have to make any kind of adjustment for intonation.
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
yeah but ive talked to someone before and they said if you use a bigger string size to make up for slack or something youll be fine but i dont think its hard to do intanation