whats the best thing i can buy for a wirelss setup for my guitar?
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
do you need a wireless ???
are you gonna run around on stage??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
yes, i actaully do plan on running around onstage.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
The lead guitarist in my band uses AKG WMS40 and he loves it. I am considering making the same purchase, but I don't wanna look like a poser lol! I might look more into what Shure has to offer. But as the always say, "you get what you pay for."
I've heard only good things about this Line 6 unit, but it kills batteries in five hours which shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you're playing continuous 12-hour shows. http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line6-X2-Digital-Wireless-XDR95-Instrument-Wireless-System?sku=271198
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
okay thanks for the help guys
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
Why can't anyone give straight answers? Dude is asking for the best wireless system and he gets "do you need it" or "are you going to be running around onstage"? Come on, who cares, he wants advice AND wants to spend his own money!
Quote by hachirish
Why can't anyone give straight answers? Dude is asking for the best wireless system and he gets "do you need it" or "are you going to be running around onstage"? Come on, who cares, he wants advice AND wants to spend his own money!

You are new here; you have much to learn about the ways of UG, grasshopper.
Quote by colin617
You are new here; you have much to learn about the ways of UG, grasshopper.

nearly every "which distortion pedal should i get?" thread ends with "get a peavey classic 30."

straight answers are uncommon on UG, but this thread deserves one:

I have no idea, I just use a really long cable.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by Raijouta
I've heard only good things about this Line 6 unit, but it kills batteries in five hours which shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you're playing continuous 12-hour shows. http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line6-X2-Digital-Wireless-XDR95-Instrument-Wireless-System?sku=271198

I believe it's the choice of Peter Stroud, guitarist for Sheryl Crow and recognised tone hound. He actually chose it over the cables he tried for tonal reasons!
Get a Peavey Classic 30.
the line 6 wireless is awesome! It sounds great
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I've used a a Nady system and a Shure in the past, so that's all i can really give to compare. So all I can really tell you is:
Don't buy from my Nady, my church made a POOR decision.
The Shure system worked absolutely fantastically.
I've never used the Line 6 wireless, but I've looked into it myself, and its got a lot of REALLY good reviews from some pretty reliable sources. (magazines etc) The Shure SLX my school rented for our drama production was also really good. REALLY great tone. The Shure would be a good choice, and as far as I've found in my researching, the Line 6 is pretty reliable as well.

My bassist uses a PGX, and its good, but not great. I feel there's a little tone loss through it. He does too, but for shows he sacrifices the little bit of tone for the freedom. Practice and recording though he is always wired.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by hachirish

don't mind wtfisatab or whatever, he feels like he's gaining street cred everytime he rushes into a thread to post DO YOU REALLY NEED ______

To the OP: line 6 X2 line
pretty much every thing over the 500 dollar range is good
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
i dont like recomending specific wireless systems, but i do have some suggestions for you. first, spend as much as you can afford to (realisticly anyway). i wouldnt look at anything below $300 personally. systems under that dont have the features you need, suck tone, and are more likely to pick up interference.

now for features you want UHF and not VHF. higher frequencies are a bit less crowded and require a bit more work in the design. if a company is going to put in the effort to go UHF then it usually means they arent going to crap out on their product and take shortcuts.
second you want multiple channels. if youve only got one channel then if you start picking up some other radio, truckers or another guitar then you are screwed. changing channels can help with this problem, so multiple channels are a must for me.

that line 6 system fits all of my specs so its worth a look, and reviews seem very positive. shure and nady are two other companies that come to mind when i think of wireless, but i hear more about their really high end stuff being good. which means i dont know how their mid-grade stuff compares, and id still avoid the low end stuff even by these companies that make good products.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
do you need a wireless ???
are you gonna run around on stage??

Kinda a silly question really isn't it? He's obviously not going to just buy it and just sit on his bed and play.

I have the AKG WMS40 with the Wireless 'Bug' Reciever, I got it really cheap from brand new and I think it's pretty dam good, although to be fair I don't have anything to compare it to.

One thing you will want to bare in mind is that if you more around alot you may want to tape the bug down to your guitar with some tape or something (I was moshing out a bit at a show the other week and the reciever was spinning around so much that the battery cover and battery flew out accross the stage and I had to run over and get it, lol)

-Guy
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
Man, i own the shure pgx14 system for my guitar, it work great! and it´s not so expensive it´s a good investment, but i made a research and found that the new line 6 relay system is great for tone, you should take a look at it the comparison they made in their website looks interesting, here http://line6.com/relay/comparison.html
LONG LIVE ROCK!!
ESP LTD EC-1000 AMBER SUNBURST for Drop D
ESP LTD EC-1000 SNOW WHITE for Drop B
MESA BOOGIE TRIPLE RECTIFIER
B-52 STEALTH ANGLED CABINET W/V-30´s
SHURE PGX-14 WIRELESS SYSTEM
READY TO ROCK!!