kill somebody with it, then immediately use some kind of sealer to get the blood to stay. works 75% of the time, every time.

EDIT: i'll actually try helping. you could tape off the pickups, neck, bridge, etc and hold the guitar at an angle and drip a blood-colored paint across the surface. but you would have to paint a clear coat over it so it wouldn't disappear over time.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by Rogue Hermit
kill somebody with it, then immediately use some kind of sealer to get the blood to stay. works 75% of the time, every time.

TS, try maybe strips of duct tape, then spraying the body? Maybe that would work.
Hold arm at 45 degree angle over of guitar
Aim blade
Rape arm with blade
Take picture
Print picture
Layer over guitar and then coat it

/win

EDIT: Btw, how cool and original is that guitar? Its covered in blood and has bat-shaped inlays.
Thats so cool.

/sarcasm
make some fake blood like you seen in the movies, usualy just corn syrup with red food coloring. put it in a condom and basicly make a balloon with it. then use some sort of explosive inside it to make it splater. or use a thin condom and throw it at the guitar body. and walla. let the fake blood dry up fully and then spray some clear coat over the body.
to get the running parts of the blood just put red paint in a cup and get a straw. dip the straw into the paint and put your finger on the top of the straw so the paint cant leave it. then angle the guitar and place the straw over top of the spot that you want the blood. just let your finger off of the straw and the paint will leave. try it out on cardboard or somethin first, it should work alright
pink floyd
Thanks, I will try it on some cardboard at first. I've always like the blood-dripping guitars, then I can make up bull**** stories about how the other guitarist in my band just dissapeared.
In college, my friend painted his room to look like a crime scene. He would dip a windshield wiper in paint and then wave the wiper around. Really good splatter, just like a real blunt force trauma murder. It was bumpy so you may want to sand it flat.
There was a vid that show how they made the Warren DeMartini skull and blood guitar.
They painted the base color and then use a brush to let the red drip and run down the body.
Quote by McShredder

EDIT: Btw, how cool and original is that guitar? Its covered in blood and has bat-shaped inlays.
Thats so cool.

/sarcasm

You realize that that's the guitar that STARTED the blood splatter paint job being overused right? It was actually the first one I saw with it. There might be more examples though, I uhnno.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Paintball Gun.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

if it helps, I think if i remember correctly the paint has to be a little thicker than you may at first realise. that might be just the way i've seen it done (a blood splatter effect - not neccecerily on a guitar) but I've forgotten what that method was...

Basically i'd imagine just about any method would do as long as it looked the part. and you could laquer over it once it's done.
I'm pretty sure that Kirk Hammet from Metallica had one, Thats where I found it, I think the pic was in magazine.
if you look up the scott ian weapon of death i think it shows him splattering the blood on his guitars useing a tshirt or something balled up and wrapped over a wooden handle. then dipping the shirt ball in red paint and swing it towards the guitar body.

just a thought.
so, Sounds like I'm going to hafta do this in the forest or a field so I can't paint any walls with it.
Quote by Empty Box
Paintball Gun.

I should do a guitar like this, just for kicks. I'd get a broken one and just stip it and shoot it.