about a half hour ago i broke my high e string and do not have any spares. i stocked up on supplies saterday night on musicians friend but my stuff isent comming untill ether tomarrow, fri, or monday. my question is will missing a string for 2-5 days warp my neck? if it will, how can i prevent this?
no, you will be fine.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
your guitar is now going to break and there wont be anything you can do about it unfortunatly

it really shouldnt mess the neck up since there is still tension and since it was your high e string i dont think it makes that much of a tension difference
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
It hasnt caught fire yet? Usually happens in a few hours after breaking a single string and not replacing it.

Seriously its not an issue even all the strings off dont make problems.
Wait a second... You mean you have gone this long without a spririt coming from your guitar and burning your house down? Wow, thats odd... The guitar spirits really don't like that...

Honestly, a guitar neck is not fragile enough for the lack of tension from one string to cause any noticeable difference.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Even if it's like the A string?
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by Da Squiz
Even if it's like the A string?

Well it's all good except if you break the A string. That's where the guitar keeps it's soul.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
****. Is there a ritual I can/have to do?
Quote by crazy8rgood

*fapfapfapfapfap*

Quote by Da Squiz
****. Is there a ritual I can/have to do?

Normally, you have to sacrifice a kitten along with a guitar that is not as good (starcasters are usally the way to go.)

You can also pray to mundhol the god of the feral abyss, to spare your life.

In most cases a missing string won't cause any damage, guitars aren't stringed until they get into the shop.

Too much tension is what hurts the guitar, for example if you were to put 120 gauge strings all across the guitar, It would probly snap on the third string.
Sacrifice an Ibanez, they're not worth anything anyways
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Hey, good news. The doctor says its gonna warp to ****. But I just saved alot of money on my car insurance by kidnapping the gecko and holding him at gunpoint untill he gave me free, limitless insurance.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by DSOTM80

Hey, i resent that
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by DSOTM80

Isn't Ibanez Japanese for firewood?
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Isn't Ibanez Japanese for firewood?

Oh fawnny haha

So now that I'm done with that..?
Quote by crazy8rgood

*fapfapfapfapfap*

Your kidding right? This is a joke?
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
ha.

No, you'll be fine.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Dude, I have no idea why people think a lack of tension for just a few days is going to wreak havoc on their necks. In case you haven't noticed, extreme tension doesn't warp them because they're designed to not warp.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Holy-Diver
Hey, i resent that

+1

me too
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by DSOTM80

Or one of the new Kramer models.....

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Or one of the new Kramer models.....

yay! those things are.....meh'
and probably overpriced (aka owned by gibson)
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
the short answer, no.

the long answer,
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Firewood? Those things would go up in flames in a matter of seconds. Wizard neck + S body is like lighting a matchstick
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Lethal Dosage
+1

me too

Oh noes it's the Ibanez brigade!

Call the firemen!
Soundcloud
If you put a dimebucker in the neck it adds strength to the neck. In fact with a dimebucker the guitar sounds best without any strings at all.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
*enter sarcasm here*

no
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
considder your guitar wrecked. Leaving a guitar with 5 strings for over a day will tear your neck apart.
I suggest you take some rope and try to attatch it where the string was and tighten it as hard as you can. Then post pics here.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^Then catch the rope on fire. Pray to Leo Fender it works to heal your neck.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Don't listen to all these people saying it won't hurt your guitar!!! What you have to do is grab the headstock with both hands, and pull on it as hard as you can(trying your best to replicate the tension normally produced by the high e string). If you can hold this position until your new string arrives, you should be ok. However, if you let go of it for any more that two-three minutes at a time, it will blow up. Sorry to tell you this, but it's the truth.