For some reason, my Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups stopped being noiseless. Now I am getting 60 cycle hum like crazy! I have had these pick ups for about 2 or 3 years now and had never experienced any problems. Anyone have any ideas what may be wrong?
Check all your grounds, you probably have a loose wire. The most likely place is at the output jack but it could be anywhere.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yeah my output jack is loose. I'll go test it out and see if that is the problem.

EDIT:
Nope, I am still receiving hum coming from my pickups. Anyone else got some ideas?
Last edited by Fender_Fever at Feb 18, 2009,
Did you take the jack out and make sure the wires are soldered properly? Also, there could be a loose ground inside the guitar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Did you take the jack out and make sure the wires are soldered properly? Also, there could be a loose ground inside the guitar.

no i didn't check if they were soldered properly, I just tightened the jack. I'll have to open it up tomorrow and check for a loose ground and stuff.
Yeah, a loose groundwire sounds like your problem. As a matter of fact... you may have torn the wire clean off the jack by tightening it wrong.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.