I'm not sure if I just have a bad amp or what it is, but there seems to be a lot of excess sound coming out of my amp. Anything I can do to fix this? A short thread, but tthats all I really need to know.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
don't stand so close??
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Quote by job153
don't stand so close??

Thats not it.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Dont turn everything to 10?

Relative to a clock put low at about 12 oclock and high at 3. middle somewhere in between. Thats a generic sound, dont live by it.

Please use tags for tabs....
if you're getting a high pitched squeeling noise (feedback) everytime you aren't playing something, the following will help:

1. turn it down
2. stand farther away
3. don't sit with the guitar facing the amp.

feedback is caused because the sound from the speaker goes into the pickup of the guitar and comes out the speaker and goes back in the guitar which as you can tell is an endless loop that gets louder and louder each time.
Get a good quality lead, I got the stock one and it made this horrible sound. Invest in a decent one, make sure its thick.
When you say excess sound do you mean actual feedback or just lots of noise in general? If it's feedback see the above posts, if it's hum or another noise are you using lots of distortion? That can add a lot of noise, especially if you have a guitar with single coil pickups.
Last edited by Waylanderau at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by Luigiman124
A.) Get New cable
B.) Don't stand so close to amp
C.) Turn amp down
D.) Dont play with top of guitar facing amp

or any combination of the above

All of the above.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.